More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Any OS upgrade for flashing hynix 1660s bios through web interface?

I’m still struggling upgrading 1660s bios through HiveOS web interface. the only possible way for me is using SSH on a local machine with /hive/sbin/nvflash_linux . is there any plan to upgrade the web interface that could make me flashing the 1660s bios on it? that could save a lot of time. thanks

i flashed all of my 1660S with hynix memory with the palit bios from the gui just fine. are you on the latest image/kernel? if not id start there.

thx m8, i’ll give a hit.

still the same with 5.4.80 kernel and newest 0.6-211 os version. did you flash the card with “flash VBIOS” button on the overclocking tab? with the “force flash switch” ON?

run “hive-replace -s” in the shell, then try again. and yes, you have to force the bios unless your 1660S is a palit model.

yes, tried with new image “Kernel 5.10.0-hiveos #72”, still the same, don’t know why. and tried flash with “VBios Storage”, still the same.
my procedure is:

1. turn on Maintenance mode - without loading driver , then reboot.
  2. select bios and turn on force flash switch
  3. flash, but got no return from the GUI.
  4. wait 10 min at least
  5. turn off maintenance mode and reboot

nothing changed.

anywhere I can get some log feedback from the GUI flash?

thx in advance

if you manually flash it in the shell with nvflash, if it fails or completes from the gui it will output a success/failure message in the notifications area that you can click and it will show the nvflash output

do you have multiple cards installed? if so try taking them out and just using the one you want to flash in the meantime.

I flashed 20 * 8-cards rigs through SSH with nvflash_linux and got no problem at all. I even wrote a script for that. but with GUI, the nvflash message appeared and then disappeared in about 1 min. no place to click to see the log.

still got more than 1000 cards to write so… it better to be solved through GUI.

whoops, yeah nvflash, not nvtool. it should only take a minute or two to flash/fail. did you try with only 1 card installed to see if that does anything differently?

my rigs are miles away from me, i’ll try that later. but even if that can be done, it still a problem for me to flash 1000 cards…

right, just wanted to make sure your hardware was all in working order first.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

do u flash your rig with 1 card installed?

i only have 3 1660S with hynix memory, flashed 2 individually as i got them on my test bench, and one in a mixed rig of 8 various cards.

k, thx m8. that make sense. nvflash_linux cannot work even in CLI with “Flash all cards” argument, I can only flash cards 1 by 1 with script.

that could be a bug and may need to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.