More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD Radeon VII shows xxx-xxx-xxxx

Hello together

I have two Radeon VII installed in a mining case. Unfortunately, they are only displayed as “xxx-xxx-xxxx”. Other cards “RTX 2060” are displayed correctly and also work.

I am using the latest HiveOS version: 0.6-215@220409 and driver 20.40 (5.11.1001)

All updates are up to date.

Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

Thank you and best regards

do the cards work? have you tested them in any other systems?

Hello and thank you for the answer. In my test PC under Windows, the cards are recognized and work without problems. I still got the tip that the cards must be installed in a PCIe speed 3 slot. Unfortunately, the riserless motherboard supports only up to PCIe speed 2. Possibly that is the problem…

I would try one by itself, and see if you are able to get display output from it during post

Dear keaton

Thank you very much for the answer. I have now tried a few things. With the riserless motherboard which only supports PCI-E Gen1 and Gen2 the cards do not work. With a motherboard that supports PCI-E Gen3 the cards work in HiveOS. Apparently, that’s the reason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.