More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD Power Draw & Hash

Hello,

I’m trying to love Hiveos and if I can get my power draw down to something similar to Windows with a similar hashrate… I’ll be very happy.

The rig I’m testing is all RX 570 but I don’t think that has much to do with anything.

Basically no matter what I try on Hiveos I consume about 20% more power at the wall, dual mining or single mining. I’ve come to believe that adjusting the AMD settings doesn’t actually change the voltage on the memory.

Windows Overdriventool for gpu0:

Bios for gpu0:

Hiveos:

I’ve tried core state index 1-5 which does change power and hashrate a bit but I can’t get desired results. Also, what’s the point of setting the index if you manually set the core clock and core voltage?

I’ve tried memory states 1 & 2 and using 1 drops power to the levels I hope for but hashrate tanks. Is there a way to just set desired memory mV?

Any guidance is appreciated. In all my searching it seems that in order to have the desired results I would need to kernalmod my cards which I don’t really want to do. I’d love to figure this out so I can switch algo’s easily on Hiveos.

FWIW:
Windows ~180mhs pulling 770 at the wall single mining claymore eth | ~181mhs pulling 920 at the wall dual mining blake2s.

Hivos: ~176mhs pulling 924 at the wall single mining claymore eth. | 178mhs pulling 1124 at the wall dual mining blake2s.

yes i have the same problem.

7gpu windows 1280, hive 1420

Same boat here I think, running 6 RX 580s.

~180 Mh/s Ethereum in Claymore on Windows 10 ~860 Watts at the wall. In HiveOS, I’m at about 970 watts at the wall.

same here win10 eth176hs 710-730w Hive 930w

Not exactly perfect power wise but Ilya (http://forum.hiveos.farm/profile/Илья) here helped me with my BIOS and OC settings. Now this rig runs a stable 183MH/s at 870 Watts. I sent a small bit of ETH for the help.

Same issue, I have several RX570 4Gb and the power draw is too high compared to Windows. How to I tweak the bios to reduce power and or undervolt.
The above link is mostly not in English, not sure which bit of the link helpful?

[quote=“giantboy;3416”]Same issue, I have several RX570 4Gb and the power draw is too high compared to Windows. How to I tweak the bios to reduce power and or undervolt.
The above link is mostly not in English, not sure which bit of the link helpful?[/quote]

http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/390/proshivka-bios-amd#latest

Looking for the same solution.

I also have something similar going on! I have two rigs one nvidia one amd, they have roughly the same hash rate and power draw on the gui yet the amd rig is consuming an extra 300watts at the wall!!
It would be really great if someone could throw some light on this.