More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6800 XT Hashrate issues (Sudden Drop Overnight)

Hello, this is my first post, I was hoping you all could help me with two issues I am having.

For controls sake, all temperatures are normal, no errors are being thrown. (Core Temp 44, Mem Temp 54)

1. After a fresh install of Hive OS on my rig I began mining with Phoenixminer (ETH) & Hiveon. Was actually able to get 63+ MH/s, but then suddenly after it working for about 24 hours, my rig refuses to hash on Phoenixminer anymore. No updates occurred and it went from 63 MH/s to 0 MH/s overnight. Does anyone know what would cause this? I reloaded my overclock settings and switched out to a different pool and then back. Neither worked and the rig refuses to mine on Phoenixminer at all.

2. After my Phoenixminer issue, I swapped over to TeamRedMiner (ETH). Found some settings that were getting me about 62.4 MH/s, and it was running great for about 3.5 days. Then suddenly last night it dropped down to 40 MH/s right at 4am EST. All temps stayed normal. It ran for about 4 hours at 40 MH/s and after reloading the exact same overclock settings it went back up to 61 MH/s, won’t go back up to the 62.4 MH/s I was getting just a few hours earlier. Does anyone know what may cause this to occur? Its pretty annoying to have to babysit the miner just to see when it decides to fail. Picture of when it dropped should be attached.

I have the same issue…did you find a fix?
also can you share your 6800 settings? this card behaves very weird, 6900xt is fine 0 problems

Same issues here w my 6800XT sapphire nitro - sudden drops after 24-48 hours and no error messages or temps changes. So odd.

I never actually found a solution. I swapped around miners and overclocks until I got it set to a nice medium where it has kept a pretty constant 62.29 MH @ 136W. See below for my overclock on the 6800XT. I am in lolMiner for the 6800xt and t-rex for the 3060ti LHR.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.