More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

All GPU detected but only 1 GPU is mining

I have an 8 cards rig with a mix of Radeon 7, RX6600 xt, and RX6700. HiveOS will boot and detect all the GPUs but only 1 GPU will be mining. I checked all my hardware it is working fine. I am able to get MSOS to mine with all the GPU.

I am running the latest version of HivOS, any idea why it will work in MSOS but not HivOS?

thanks

try a few cards at a time, make sure bios settings are all correct. are you able to mine with 2 cards? 5 cards? etc. even though they are showing, theyre not showing properly (no temp/fan speed, no bios info etc.

wouldnt hurt to try a fresh install with hive-replace -s either just in case.

I did try to blow away the OS and download the latest OS and did an in place update. It still wouldn’t mine. The weird thing is it works fine in Minerstat OS. I suspect it is a driver issue, is there a way to update the AMD drivers in HivOS?

Via the command I said above. Did you run that?

I tried it and no go. Seems like a driver issue when Hive OS boot it has driver issue.

Quering boot settings
Boot settings: MAINTENACE_MODE="", DISABLE_GPU=
Loading AMD Drivers, 8 GPU
12.187002 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.189356 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.189693 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.189793 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.189888 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.189983 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init
12.190077 [ T912] amdgpu 0000:06:00.0: amdgpu: Fatal error during GPU init

saving /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_table

did it reflash? did you try a few cards at a time?

I have tried an in-place upgrade, reflash my SSD, manually force an AMD driver upgrade in HiveOS, tried different cards but no luck. The fact I am able to use Minerstat OS to fully mine all the GPUs is a good indication my hardware is functioning normally.

I guess I will be stuck with Minerstat OS on this rig. I wish there is the same support HiveOS has as Minerstat where you can open a ticket and a real support person will answer your issue instead of here on the forum waiting for luck. I do pay for the extra rigs in MinerStat OS the reason I switched to HiveOS is they don’t support Mix GPU. Oh well, not going to waste any more time trying to troubleshoot this.

Thanks Keaton for your suggestion.

you tried it and it failed? or it flashed successfully and the 6600xt crashed the driver on boot again? and you tried with a single card and it did the same thing?

also, have you tried booting with proper clocks set? default/no clocks on 6000 series amd cards is never a good time as the core clocks are way higher than needed, they also seem to be way more stable undervolted.

Everything is running on default speed no tuning at all. Yes, I have tried to boot with different cards combination and the result is the same only 1 GPU will be mining.

If anyone else comes to this thread who has a similar issue, my advice to you is try another Miner OS. I am running Minerstat OS and it is working fine. I am not able to find a solution in HiveOS.

so the first card no matter what position is the only one that works? and have you tried it with proper clocks?

Friend, do you have a solution?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.