More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

850w too much power

Im having a problem with my new mining rig. I haven’t been able to get it running because it seems the system draws too much power.

I have 4 nvidia 3070 i was only able to get 1 running. When i add another one the other graphic card simply wont run. I checked the power consumption and with one graphic card its 960 watts. If i put 3 graphic card it will simply trip the power supply.

I took all the graphic cards out and hiveos shows power consumption of 860 watt. That sounds too much for me and i think this is my problem right there. I changed motherboard and cpu its the same problem.

Currently im using

MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX motherboard

AMD Athlon 3000G 2-Core, 4-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Radeon Graphic

Any help will be much appreciated

you cant possibly have 860 watts consumption without GPUs… how do you know that the consumption is 860 in Hive without GPUs? have you manually inserted what you PC consumes? HiveOS doesnt usually know what the system consumes.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.