More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6x6600XT ASUS Dual - Detected DEAD. Why?

Hi All!

I have soma 6600XT from ASUS Dual with Hynix RAM.

I use 2x 850W Corsair RM850 and MSI Z390 MPG Gaming Plus.

Detected DEAD error occurs continuously at GPU2 and GPU 5.Tthe pictures show that the watts are less than these.

I try to new risers, new GPU, I try the other PSU and these 2 gpu’s is detected DEAD.

The cards same also. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi,
Lower your mem at 1050 and check…if this problem continues replace your risers in both cards…

1 Like

THE SOLUTION: Core voltage: 900 Mhz at these cards

1 Like

I have the same rig with brand new 6x ASUS DUAL 6600XT OC / MSI Z390 A-PRO mobo and 1x Corsair RM850x

I was having the same issue with TRM and got same error GPU 2: dectected DEAD. Got same message in every 15min until 2 hours constantly - tried many different OC settings.

Yesterday I put same OC settings as you had 965 core / 1100 memory and rig was running fine for 15 hours until today, when the same error appeared. I turned off my rig and changed risers between GPU 0 and GPU 2 to understand maybe it was a riser fault. Now my rig is up and TMR running again for 1 hour with 965/1100 OC settings at the moment for all 6 cards, waiting to see if that error would re-appear.

In the end what OC settings did you put to your ASUS DUAL 6600XT OC cards? How is it running so far? Are you using 900/1100 only for GPU 2 and GPU 5 and the rest are 965/1100?

Thank you in advance.

JonJones

Hi JonJones!

Yes it doesn’t work for me either only max. 9 hours. I dont know that what is the problem, I will keep trying. If you have a solution, please tell me. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello! Can you tell me how you managed to get the mobo to run 6 cards? I have tried alp the tricks I know and can’t get it above 4.

Change BIOS settings to detect more cards than 4.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.