More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6600XT - Hiveos doesn't let the rig boot properly despite my new stable OC

Hello,

I have been trying to lower power consumption on my 4 6600XTs with TRM. I actually was successful and had lowered 7w each card.

It also seems that the new oc settings were stable since I was able to run the rig for 1 hour without invalid shares. (pretty sure it was hashing very well too since the pool hashrate was also much higher than reported for the complete 1 hour)

With my new oc settings hiveos does let my rig boot up but without the gpus (all detected but are not mining) and shows this error; GPU driver error, no temps
detailed screen: GPU Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state!

I can change to my new oc settings during the rig is running and it will run just fine, but I can’t use those settings before the rig boots up.

My new OC settings are
Core 940
vdd 642
vddci 688
mem clock 1145 - 1155
mvdd 1350
socvdd 765
(These are recommended settings from other users. I changed some values just a little bit. not seeing anyone saying they have this kind of problem with these settings)

Even if I only mess up with simple values which are core clock (940), mem clock (1155) and vdd (642), it will still show that kind of error which is very odd as I think these numbers are very mild.

My old values that worked fine for 2 months are core clock(1100), vdd (600), mem clock (1135 - 1155). Every time I boot the rig with these old settings, it will boot just fine.

Any ideas where the problem is?

0.6-210@211027-2
TRM latest version

Thank you

Update: I think the problem is not with Hiveos directly. It actually boots up fine.

However, the miner wil not start mining and Hiveos will show that error.

For example, TRM says stuck with initialization.(could not remember exact words)

I tried Gminer and it also got hanged during start.

I had a hell of a time with my XT’s. For awhile they seemed fine with 660 VDDCI but I have had to raise that to 720. Very stable again now.

Nothing good comes from messing with vddci o mvdd with 6600xt. Soc only stable for me 800/800 mhz/mv

Core 925
Vdd 640
Memory 1150-1180 ( depends on lottery)
Soc both 800

Thats it. Stable, max hashrate, not heating.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this one card issue @paytong ? I am having the same issue since I had to replace my PSU. All other GPU mine but if I add this last one in the GPU Msg issuing pre-check failed and SMU may be not in the right state! seems to be in a loop - if i take out that card all works again.

I tried the card in a windows rig and it mines no problem!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.