More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6600 XT is detected differently after rig restart

Hi. I’ve got an issue with my 6600 XT. I have 3 cards.
When I put them in rig (doesn’t matter one of them, couple of them or all 3) they often detected as “[Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600/6600 XT/6600M]]”

And in Hive OS I see error: “AMD OC failed”.

After one or few restarts they start detecting as “Radeon RX 6600 XT” and working fine, but when I restarted rig trouble returned back.

What I’ve tried:

• stable and beta versions of Hive
  • rewrite image to SSD few times
  • check all BIOS settings (Motherboard is Afox B250 with 12 PCI-E)

Additional info:
I also have 3 NVidia cards and the work fine on this rig. Even I add them to this 6600XT’s - Nvidia cards always detected correctly and work fine while 6600XT have troubles.

Please help me.

Latest stable kernel and drivers are fine for the 6600XTs from most brands.

Risers, adapters, overclocks, are most frequent contributors to the symptoms you are seeing.

I’d back off to low settings in this range to eliminate the overclocks as a point of contention.

Then, look at a riser swap with a known working Riser of the nVidias that pass the following test run from shell and showing “0” PCI errors:
nvidia-smi dmon -s et -d 10 -o DT

It happens a lot for any RX 6600 XT I have. It’s just AMD’s driver sucks

Have 6600/6600XTs in multiple rigs, not seeing what you are describing with drivers in latest stable kernel #83. I am not burning them up by any means:

It happens even if I didn’d do any overclocs and without set up any flightsheet. For example at firs run on new created rig.

I switched all risers many times. All of them work fine for nvidia and amd cards have promplems.

Command nvidia-smi dmon -s et -d 10 -o DT showed no errors.

P.S.: I want to pay attention that I have problems even I work with single AMD card (not only in mixed mode).

Bummer to hear. You have not mentioned the brand yet.

Cards: Sapphire Pulse 6600 XT
Motherboard Afox BTC_B250B OEM (5.12 09/10/2021)
Nvidia cards is MSI 1660s

Clear, thanks.

For the record, my Sapphire 6800 has proven to be the most difficult of all my 6800’s to work with, eventually with upping the voltage I found a workable group of settings.

It was not plagued by lack of identification by the OS, thankfully.

I don’t suppose you have riserless motherboards for extended testing?

I have only one mining motherboard. But I’m thinking abot testing card on by main desktop.

In general I think problem is somwhere in motherboard BIOS settings. But I had found info about setup BIOS like I have and did the same.

*** SOLVED ***
I write this post for whose who have similar problem.

My problem wa srelated with pover supply (chainise mining supply 1800 W). Snce I changed it to Cooler Master problem has gone.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.