More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

6600 XT Fans stop on mining boot

So I am relatively new to mining. The rig in question has the following specs:

MSI MPG z490 gaming edge wifi
10th gen I7 Intel cpu LGA1200
Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram 16gb
Corsair RM1000x 80 plus gold PSU

I bought to 6600 XTs one Asus and one Red Devil. I installed the Asus first on the board. I had no issues. I used TeamRedMiner and everything worked great. I then connected the red devil to a riser card. The rig appeared to boot okay and TRM booted. They both began mining but within minutes I got a temp warning and I realized the Red Devils fan was not spinning. I shut the rig off checked the connections and restarted. On the second restart both cards fans started spinning on boot and then stopped as usual during the boot but never started again once mining. Now I can’t get either cards fans to spin. They both will mine but the temp quickly heats up and I don’t want to let them get past 90 degrees Celsius. I tried switch flight sheets, mining software, and turning on auto fan in both TRM and Hive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same issue. I had to manually turn on the fans before it burns up. No clue why when you overclock one card, the rest messed up.

Same issue. One Gigabyte one MSI. The rig has six more 6600 (non-XT) and they work on the auto. On the XT fans are not spinning unless you manually put any value and you can return it back to 0 (meaning auto) after a minute or two but they get stuck after each reboot.
Has anyone found a solution to fix it besides manual fan settings?

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.