More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

5700XT works only on slot 1 (GPU 0) after bios mod

Hello guys, I bios modded my 5700xt for mining. I flashed the GPU on my pc and the mobo has only 1 PCIe slot. The problem is that right now the 5700xt works only on the slot 1 (GPU 0) of my mining rig (ASRock H510 Pro BTC+). How can I fix that? Should I try flashing the bios directly in the HiveOS? I get weird things happening when I connect the GPU to another slot… The bios freezes right on start, no keyboard light (if the gpu isn’t on slot 1). I can only boot into the bios if I enable CSM without the GPU plugged in… (?) I edited the bios using Red Bios Editor and amdvbflash to save the stock bios and flash it to the card.I used this command:

amdvbflash -p 0 bios.rom (position 0)

I think the GPU is set to only work on GPU 0 position (slot 1). I made everything right! The GPU got from 50mh/s to 55-57mh/s stable, consuming less power! The only problem is the GPU is working only on the first slot off my mining rig. I flashed the stock bios to see if the problem persists, and yes, it does.

And if I try to use it on other slot, the bios didn’t even load. It gets stuck on this screen:

The GPU is fine, mining right now very stable. (I flashed the stock bios to see if the problem persists, and yes, it does)

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.