More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

5700 XT Rig will not boot

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ and a ASUS ROG STRIX that when connected to either my ASUS H110 BTC Pro+ or my ZOTAC B150 causes the system not to boot. I have tried replacing the GPU Risers and put them in known working GPU Risers with no luck. I have looked through the community and found several helpful articles on changing BIOS for the MB, and settings in HIVEos to get these working. I have another ASUS ROG STRIX that works fine in the H110 BTC+. I had 13 cards running in the H110, mixed cards NVIDIA and 5700 XT’s. The ROG cards were to replace a 1070 TI and an old 1080 to improve the hashrate. I have done hive-replace using the old Beta 2 for NAVI, the current Beta, and the current stable (which is what the 13 cards ran on previously), to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just a FYI with these cards connected I do not get POST from the MOAB.

Hey Everyone. If you are having this issue and using a H110 Pro BTC+ this may be helpful. The Bios of the H110 (Asrock) has a setting in the Boot section called Compatibility Support Module (CSM). This must be disabled to run newer GPU’s above a count of 9. I had this rig running with 13 GPU’s using 1080’s, 1080 TI’s, 1070 TI, and 5700 XT with no issues. I replaced all the NVIDIA cards with AMD 5700 XT’s. When I did this the boot would not happen above the 9th GPU. Disabling this setting in BIOS corrected the issue and I am back up and running. You can find more about this at the below links.

Happy Mining everyone.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.