More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

5600xt stopped working

Power color Red dragon 5600xt stopped working.
I was having weird issues with this and another card . In troubleshooting I took it off of the riser and switched with another card that was on the board. And then it won’t boot. But, if I take the power color off, it works. Tried different risers. One thing, there is a chance it powered up before or while I was removing go or put it it back in. It’s a fiend of mine, I brought it back to my house and it does the same thing. I can get it to boot to hive, but it doesn’t show it and I get an error saying can’t read gpu temps. It won’t boot at all to windows. I tried the silent bios, didn’t make a difference. Any ideas? Cause I’m out of them. :pray:

Your GPU won’t boot to a working Windows installation while inserted and properly powered in 16x PCIe slot?

No errors? GPU not detected at all? Do the fans spin, have any lights?

It will boot into windows if I have a different card in the 16 pin slot and this one in a riser. But nothing shows up in device manager. The fans aren’t spinning, checked the cable to the fan, unplugged it then back in. Thanks for the response!

GPUs die, sounds like you have one if it won’t boot, spin fans, etc, in a properly configured Windows machine.

How is that possible? Perfectly good card, simply changed the seating of it and it just happens to die at that point? I get you, I’d say the same thing if someone else was explaining it.

Now here is the ironic part. I came into possession of an xfx 5600xt with issues sold as parts, and it behaves the same way. The guy that sold it said the same thing, it just stopped working out of no where. I got someone to buy that one from me.

Obviously not or it would just work. A well known GPU to OSes, simple to power, etc.

The fingers get damaged by insertion processes, the PCI blades get bent, static discharge is a real thing folks have gotten lazy about over time, etc., etc.

Very good points. And, I was def lazy in being mindful of static charges. I know better too which drives me nuts. Live and learn, I’ll chock it up to that and be mindful in the future

Try it as close to it’s design intent as possible, if it won’t work there, have to assume something is broken. Whether it is salvageable or not is question. Not recognized, not powering up at all, are really material issues.

btw: I am staring at a Radeon VII on my desk I messed up in making a waterblock change. It happens, sadly.

Oh that sucks! I’d love one of those

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.