More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

4x 3060 Ti & 1x 3070 - constantly going offline

Hey guys,

I have a rig what constantly goes offline :frowning: it has 5 gpus, OC settings of…

-500 -500 -500 -500 -500
2400 2400 2400 2400 2400
70 70 70 70 70
120 125 120 125 120

It’s using t-rex and is on the latest os @ 0.6-212@211215 - but it goes off literally all the time. 3-4 hours is good, sometimes much less, the most I’ve ever had it run was just over 1 day. It’s connected to wifi, in a medium size room which never really gets too hot.

The person I bought it off recommended editing the OC settings a few times, which I did to no avail, he said he never had these problems but also said he run the os version ‘203@210403’ and never upgraded the software.

I can’t find this version to downgrade - which is his next suggestion, but it’s been over a month of ownership and I’m tired of constantly having to restart it. I’m also sick of pestering him all the time.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar or have any glaring observations to make at my current set up?

Thanks all, really appreciate it
Mark

core offsets are the old, not so good way. you should use locked core clocks and remove power limits.

Thanks, I’ve removed the power. Not sure what you mean with locked core? Remove them values too?

For the 3070 set your core clock to 1100 and remove the value for power (delete it so it’s blank)

For the 3060 ti set your core clock to 1350 and remove the value for power (delete it so it’s blank)

If it’s still unstable drop your memory down to 2200 and slowly start incrementing

Also, Since your on wifi, make sure your rig is not actually offline. I have seen wifi loose connection for some time however is still mines and shows back online soon

How does this look? Thanks for the tips, appreciate you taking the time to write to me. I’ll keep the wifi note in mind too, I have had it wired at my office at one point, but it still had the same issue to be honest.

remove the - symbol, you dont want offsets.

What kind of power supply do you use?

RM850. Have applied settings above without the -

2 days and it’s been offline 3x … significantly better. But still off at least 1x PD.

How’s the PSU I listed above and settings does anyone know?

I have no idea. Sounds strange. I had a cooler master v850 supplying 6x3060ti (non LHR). Never had a problem. Maybe an idea to enable logging and see if this give some information. I don’t know how. But I know you can enable logging

Sounds like a great place to start. Unfortunately with all the edits above it’s still crashing all the time, I do need to check the logs. I’m afraid it’s getting out of my remit though, as even if I get them I won’t understand.

I think I need to pay someone more experienced something to spend some time looking at the settings and getting the logs recorded properly.

Does anyone know where I might find that person?

You can always post you log in the hiveos community here. Maybe someone can help you