More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

4th riser not working

So basically I started this little rig for a firend and we had 2 3060ti LHR on it and it was working fine with 1 pci e x16 and 1 riser in. Then we got him a 3rd 3060 ti LHR and the 3rd riser was working (LEDs working), but the GPU wasn’t turning on. We asked for a riser return and they’ve sent us a new one. In the meantime a friend of mine gave him one of his risers that were already used and we plugged it in and it is working with my friend’s riser. Now he got a 4th GPU and the returned riser was replaced, but again its not powering up the GPU…then we thought the seller is selling broken risers so we bought one from a company and again its not powering up the GPU…
We are using an old intel mobo with 3 pci e x1s and they all work with risers that were already working. Any idea why 3 brand new risers wouldn’t power up a GPU?

have you tested each riser on a known working card individually?

Yes, all the cards work perfectly, but not on those 3 risers, they work on the already used 3 risers tho

As long as you tested each by itself individually then it is what it is, bad risers are common.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.