More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

32-33 mh/s - rx 580/570

does mdpm help?

messing with some OCs and was able to reduce wattage on the Micron by 14 watts, and Hynix by 17 watts! now showing 31 less at the wall.
Also dropped core clock on the micron to 1250, but hash rate went up a little bit.

1 Like

Power usage reported by Polaris RX 4xx/5xx cards are incorrect in Hive and on Windows, these cards do use approximately 120-140W when hashing and that is normal. Do not trust the power figures for Polaris given by HiveOS.

I have a 12 card rig which according to Hive is only taking 950W but the power draw at the wall is close to 1650W.

2 Likes

Friend,
How did you doing it, in the Hynix memory I can’t do it

What miner are you using, teamread or phoniex?

I changed teamred to Phoenix because teamred low MHz (22) and phoenix have 24 mhz

i tried these settings on my 580´s, but on the long run my rig didnt stayed stable, had to back down …nice hash, well done.

1 Like

I got a used Asus Expedition RX 570 for cheap. Does anyone know if the Asus ROG Strix 570 rom will work on it?

If not, does anyone know where I can get a modded vBIOS? I’m stuck at 27.5 MHs using PhoenixMiner.

Tech power up

Thanks for responding.

I’ve checked there before but only saw the 4GB Elpida version. Mine is the 8GB Samsung.

right…btw. what Samsung exactly?

Like the code here…?

It looks very similar to the ROG Strix 570 code (both are Samsung). I’ll upload it tonight when I get home.

usually if the code allmost the same, its the 3 last digits that are different, that has caused for me flashing fail, with error about device id code…so i have forced flash…that i dont recommend to anyone btw…and then flashing have gone thru. I have managed to brick one bios from dual bios card, so that was no biggy, when there is dual bios, i have just learned that u can then salvage the bricked one… good luck

GPU 1 is the Asus Expedition, GPU 3 and 4 are the ROG Strixes.

just flashed same rog asus cards, 4pc…like 2hrs ago. i forced 2 of them and forced flash to few another cards allso…all good, i would try with samsung xxxxFB vbios with rest of the code as close as possible…remember…u can brick your card if u disrecard security check on flash… :wink:

The vbios upload failed. :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t have the balls to bypass the security check so I guess I will have to mod the bios myself.

yes, thats a good option . good luck

Maybe someone here can help, i dont know where else to put it.
i inherited a partial rig from my bf,
ssd
asus z390-p mb
2 rx 570 4gb
8gb ram
server power supply.
i have 8gb 580s now but was trying to learn how to do this with the old cards, one card on the first pcie x 16 gets 21+ mh the second x16 slot only gets 1/3 of that, no matter if i swap the cards the second slot is lower, ive tried the settings from the z390p on the discord and other yt vids, am i missing something simple?

any idea for my 580? i cant get over 31.10mh …already one click flash vbios with polaris bios editor…
when i go over 2040mem , i cant found any share & only get invalid share , over 2070mem i get gpu 0 detected dead and reboot… is Sappihire Nitro+ (blue color)

Radeon RX 580 8192 MB · Sapphire
Samsung K4G80325FB · 113-BE366EU-Z46

Currently most stable oc for me :
Core : 1180
DPM : 1
VDD : 850
MEM : 2040
REF : 30

forgot to say when i try overclock my memory , i will set my clock to 1200 and vdd 900