More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3090 FE detected by hiveos as "Picasso"

First time building a rig with an AMD motherboard (Aorus x570 elite wifi). 3090FE GPU shows in hiveos console as “Picasso” and I can’t mine with it or interact with it. Running “Nvidia-info” command shows no gpus detected

I’ve set PCIe to gen 2, disabled CSM, moved the riser to another pcie slot, and swapped the riser with a known good one. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can try next?

Picasso - it’s codename of AMD APU. It’s because you have 3200G AMD processor (with internal GPU core)
Your Nvidia GPU not detected at all. Why? Check your connections, check GPU

It was the BIOS. Updated to R33h from R30, which resolved the issue.

1 Like

Hi, i have the same issue with this motherboard

Hello guys.
I have Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II with the latest BIOS with a few 3090 cards.

I believe this is BIOS setting which causes hiveos os showing “picasso”.
Initially it wasn’t there at all, but

• I was trying to make my motherboard hdmi operational for hiveos, with no luck so far.
  • I recall I toggled some settings and picasso appeared in the list of GPUs.
  • Then I reset BIOS a few times but picasso is still there.

Quick questions:

1. Should we even fight against this “disabled” gpu ? If yes, what is the BIOS settings ?
  2. Should HDMI work with motherboard ?

According to your information (B450 chipset) I guess that you have installed some AMD processor with built-in GPU core codenamed “Picasso”.
So it’s not your 3090s.

That is correct.
This is 4 × AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics AES.

I was confused a little,especially during this time my rig was failing to start.
I rebuilt it from scratch and I don’t see Picasso anymore.
I don’t think I changed something in the BIOS to affect it.

By the way, dear HiveOS support informed me that this is rather a cosmetic feature of their interface they will remote in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.