More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3080FE crashing with any OC applied

I have two 3080FE cards that have been mining for a while with no issues. I decided that I would re-pad my first 3080 at the beginning of summer to help keep the card cooler with higher ambient temps indoors. It went great, and the card went from running 100°C to 78°C @100MH. I thought since my results were so good, I would go ahead and re-pad the second card. The second card had to be run on medium in NH or it would hit 104°C within minutes of starting. After the re-pad, temps only dropped to about 84°C, and the card now crashes with anything more than Lite in NH, and any OC applied at all in HiveOS. Without an OC it will run about 87MH@340W+. I don’t understand what went wrong, and why it’s making my card crash if any OC is applied, in both NH and HiveOS, using any miner. Boots fine, idles fine, but crashes when I begin the miner. Please help lol This card was running 100MH+ before a re-pad. I don’t get how better pads and better paste would cause crashing.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.