More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3080 vs 3080 ti hashrate is less

As we can see my Palit 3080ti is running low hashrate when compared to MSI 3080ti, even it is down performing than Palit 3080.
Have tried different clocking settings but nothing seems to resolve the problem.

Any suggestions !

With that core temp, you have to investigate the possibility the GPU is hitting high memory temps and throttling.

Familiar with Hive Shell and running commands?

If so, while GPU is mining, at the command prompt run nvidia-smi -q -d PERFORMANCE

Thanks for the response, Highly appreciate it !

This is what i got for Palit 3080ti

Looks normal

please stop those card’s pain, and start that to change -core clock that poor palit 3080. u may lose some mh yet ur palit wont die soon and u gain more what u lost before. dont use - clocks like -100, -300 etc. on any 3080 because this act will lead them to consump more energy than normal and decrease performance on any outputs of the card.
try to keep gpu temps below 56C degree which mean is actually too hot vrams. 56 is nothing for a gpu but unfortunately we dont see 3080’s memory temps on hive os and we know from the windows side that 3080’s mem temps are very high when gpu temps above 55 degree. so whatever it takes keep them below 56 degree.

U may like to use those settings(below).
U would gain MHs from 3080ti, which u would lose from 3080 if u use this setup.

it is NBminer v.40.1
if u will use it please also add to setup those extra arguments which i attached kindly below;

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 07-19-48 Ether 3 ethash 162 8MH s - Ether

This settings should keep ur cards at these MHS and consumption. If opposite please let me know.

I dont have Palit 3080ti yet i bet it would be quite similiar with MSI 3080ti, try and report it if u have time to do.

hope it helps.

HiveOS does not show memory junction temperature. Your card is thermal throttling and your memory is cooking.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.