More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3080, Changed Thermal Pads - still very hot and Autofan not working

Hey guys,

I have the Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC and I changed all of the thermal pads in the GPU, because it was thermal throttling. Now I dont have any issues with the MH/s, it is stable, as you can see from the screenshot. The temperatures of the core now are all below 50 degrees, which in my opinion is pretty good.
Nevertheless, I am having two issues. The first is that my autofan is obviously not working. When i turn it on I receive two errors at the same time:
Autofan: unable to set fan speed
GPU driver error, no temps
Now I have turned it off…
My second issue is with the card being extremely hot. You honestly cannot touch the backplate it is that hot, which kind of bothers me. The other card that you see on the screenshot is an ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 OC and I didnt need to change the thermal pads and it is working good for now.

Is anyone experiencing the same issues?
Do you think it is normal for the backplate of the card to be so hot?

This things get hot. I have a 3090 and i am only getting 107 Mh/s

Do you have any issues with the card or just thats its hot ?
My Rig stops working after a while, GPU driver error, no temps and the rig just stops…
Does anyone else have this issue?

Hey, you should try and lower the core clock and power limit.

Edit: All are 3080 FE. Small room in basement with 22C room temp and two big fans blowing on the rig.

Thanks for the answer.
Nevertheless, when I change the the overclock same as yours my MH/s falls bellow 90…
I think the issue is with the cards… Gigabyte cards just work very bad…
GPU driver error, no temps - this issue comes up all the time and the cards just stop working

Hey mate,
Put your fans on permanently 90% and turn off the auto fan, you don’t need it. Did you put the thermal pads on the back plate. If not, try with one of the Gigabytes and let me know.

Hey,

I have changed all of the pads I mean those on the backplate (3mm) and all of them in the inside. My fans are on 80 % and I will change them now to 90, as you said.
The issue is that the RIG gives me “GPU driver error, no temps” Error and it switches off…it does it a lot during the day. I mean it switches off around 15 - 20 times a day… And as you can see my Core Temperatures are below 50 degrees and still the same shit…

Hey again,
I put the fans on permanently 90 %, it started working perfectly for 20 hours and then it started doing it again…GPU driver error, no temps and the RIG is turning off constantly…

Hello, I want to ask you whether this problem has been solved. I have encountered the same problem now. If you have any good solutions, please help me, thank you

I have the same issue with my 3080 gigabyte. What themal pad brand did you use? And what millimeters?
I need to purchase them.

Are you saying you have enabled Autofan at the top like this?

If So… Try turning all your fans clocks to “0” for auto

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.