More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3070 ti doesn't update fan speed above 82%

Hello,
I set my 3070 to 95% fan but the flight sheet info on top only shows up to 82%. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I updated the drivers to the latest, rebooted, rebooted with shutdown but to no avail.
It seems I can’t manage to fix the issue remotely and I do not have access to my rig for another few days. Even if I had access I do not know what to do … perhaps unplug it from the network and/or electricity but I highly doubt that this will help.

It happens only to the 3070 TI in a rig of 3 3060 TIs, 1 3080 and 1 3070.

Is it too close to the card in front of it? Is there a fan causing turbulence not letting it spin up as fast? Post a picture of the rig setup

There are more than 10 cm between the cards. It used to work but at some point just stopped. But there is a fan, now that you say. I don’t think it could cause turbulence though. Will try switching it off.

Turns out that the fan’s not actually working at all. I think it’s something from the software rather than hardware. Hive OS lets me set 95% and it keeps the setting but the info panel on top only shows 82%

And card temp is at 49 degrees but I am afraid for the memory as its temperature is not read by the OS and I know from windows that at above 46-ish core temp the memory goes above 90 which starts worrying me

Since today I have access to the rig and went and unplugged the said 3070 TI restarted the OS, shat down the PSUs and basically reset everything I could think about but still the issue persists. Fan can go most up to 84%. If put it 85 and above it doesn’t go above 84. But in my dashboard I see it as higher percentage .

I will appreciate very highly any input as to how to approach this problem.

There are no fans other than the GPUs in front and behind and they are 10 cm apart.
GPU temperature stays low but I am afraid for the memory and want to have the fan at least at 90%.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.