More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3060 v2 LHR - accepted shares per minute (ETH)

I’m making this post as I try to understand better how it works and I hope someone with more experience will let me know.

I see people mining with one 3060 v2 LHR and getting an average of 1 share per minute. My small rig is made of 6 cards 3060 v2 LHR (Zotac) and the average in 24hrs is 3 shares per minute.

Is it normal or am I missing something? My beginner logic tells me I should get 6 shares per minute on average.

Sometimes it happens:

But more times I don’t get any shares:

My internet connection is Fibre Optic into the router (FTTH 1Gbps download / 1Gbps upload) and the rig is connected via ethernet cable to the router. The average latency is 20ms.

Cheers !!!

Variable difficulty. All shares aren’t weighted the same, the only thing that matters is your poolside hashrate.

I understand your point, but my question was how someone mining with one Zotac 3060 v2 LHR on HiveOS with nbminer getting 1 share per minute and me getting 3 shares per minute with 6 Zotacs 3060 v2 LHR using the same miner and platform.

Like I said, with variable difficulty shares aren’t weighted the same. Your 3 shares per minute with 6x the hashrate as they other guy is equal to 6x the reward still. Don’t get caught up on share count. Poolside hashrate is the only thing that matters here.

Hi. Quick question as I don’t want to create another thread.

Does it make any positive difference for me, when my small rig finds shares with the difficulty of 500G, 600G, or 13T in terms of payouts? As I don’t see any difference in actual payout from the pool…

The smallest difficulty is 4.36G, but on the pool stats, most of the time, my rig’s difficulty is between -0.01 and -0.04.

Thanks

update… my small rig founds even better

another update… nobody wants to explain to me to understand better?

If you really want to fully understand, do some googling on variable difficulty, mining difficulty and how mining works in depth.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.