More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3 Rigs wont run stable

Hi guys, I have problems with 3 of my 8 AMD rigs.

5 rigs have the specifications:

Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98) Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. (1.C0 10/10/2020)

2 × Intel ® Celeron ® G4930 CPU @ 3.20GHz AES

8 GB DDR 4 GSkill Ram

USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1 15.4GB

3 rigs have these specifications:

Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98) Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. (1.C0 10/10/2020)

4 × Intel ® Core ™ i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz AES

8 GB DDR 4 GSkill Ram

USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1 15.4GB

All 8 rigs have 9 GPUs each.

With the 3 rigs with the 4 × Intel ® Core ™ i3-9100 CPU @ 3.60GHz AES I have huge problems, sometimes the rig recognizes 9 cards then only 3 then 8, I get one on these rigs too Soft lockup bug of the CPU in HiveOS itself.

On the 3 faulty ones are Powercolor Reddevil 6700 xt and ASRock Challebnger Pro 6700 xts.

All motherboards have the same BIOS and motherboard settings. Downgrading and beta versions of Hive also did nothing.

I see a connection between the CPU and HiveOS soft lockup of the CPU, does anyone have a tip or an idea to get the last 3 working? I’m slowly running out of latin. Risers are all functional and cross tested.

Swap motherboard didn’t help either.

I go to my screen via the onboard graphics output of the motherboard.

I got one running with 9 and after a reboot i got this bug, and only have 8, the 9th wont come back after a reboot, when i start replugging each card the whole system goes nuts and i nearly cant get 3 or 4 running.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t offer any advice but I’d like to follow this thread because I have similar issues on one of my rigs and I am also suspecting it might have something to do with the CPU.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.