More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

1660S broken?

Hi. I bought a used 1660S and put it in my rig but it only mines around 4 MH/s on Kawpow. What could be the problem with it? BIOS? Or something else? -Magnus

Have you tried changing the memory and core clocks? Any impact? Also have you tried multiple miner softwares?

Thank you for a fast reply.

First try with Xelis. Error was: “GPU#6 error GPU overclock is too high”. I put all clocks and power limit to default, I even tried to underclock but no difference.

Second try with Clore. Error was: “TREX: Can’t find nonce with device [ID=6, GPU #6], cuda exception: CUDA_ERROR_ILLEGAL_ADDRESS, try to reduce overclock to stabillize GPU state”.

Third try with BTG. Error was: “Error on GPU6: an illegal memory access was encountered”.

After this I removed card from rig and noticed that it is very hot. Hiveos reported temps around 50 celsius during the errors above but the card felt a lot hotter in my hand, more like 75 celsius. Could it be that I just need to replace thermal pads?

-Magnus

You should be able to see if its throttling by running nvtool --throttle

Stock settings aren’t optimal for mining, try setting a locked core clock around 1000 mhz and go from there if it’s stable