More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

1060 receiving large amounts of rejected shares

I am new to mining and I currently have a rig with a 3080 and a 1060. The 1060 is an old card I had lying around just collecting dust so figured why not add it. Unfortunately I’m getting a large amount of rejected shares coming mostly from the 1060 (around 6-10% of my total). It currently has no overclock because I’ve read that this can cause a large amount of issues, but still getting these rejected shares. I’ve also read that internet connection could be a cause, but I have it on Ethernet and my internet is pretty stable so I don’t think that’s a problem for me. Is the card just no good and is it even worth having it in the rig? (It does produce valid shares too). Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

Hi rejected shares are not causes by net that will be the stale shares. try usung diffrent miners see if fix it and in hiveos when a gpu start crashing other gpus mostly get rejected shares ass well

try reducing core clock, and find the best memory setting that doesnt give rejects. stock clocks are good for gaming, not mining.

Thanks for the replies, I let it run over night and it seems to have stabilized a bit. Much less rejected shares but still too many (4%). However, its still on the stock OC so I will try your suggestions.

Try to pull down the Power Limit, maybe stock OC let you draw more power, increasing temperature then your gpu start throttling causing rejected share

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.