Amateur Miner from sunny South Africa here, and I need your help.
I’ve recently made the switch from Windows to HiveOS, I have 3 workers and all was running well for a few days. Then one day after a reboot, one of my RX580’s just stopped working.
On every reboot since, I get errors:
ERROR ring gfx test failed (-110)
ERROR hw_init of IP block <gfx_v8_0> failed -110
Fatal error during GPU init
Then in Hive interface I see the card, but no temp/fan/power values are displayed, and then claymore doesn’t even show that card (only GPU 0-4, i.e. the first 5 cards)
Total of 3 rigs, this rig has 4x RX580 and 2x RX570 (all mixed brands and memories)
This failing card is an ASUS Dual OC 8GB with Hynix memory and was running with pimped straps and mild OC/UV (1150/900/2100) and was comfortable at ~28MH/s.
After failure I attempted the following:
- Removed OC (no change)
- Flashed default BIOS (which I always save from card before modding) (also no change)
- Swapped riser with working card (no change)
- Swapped 8-pin power with working card (no change)
- Pulled card and put into Windows 10 machine - booted into Windows with “Standard VGA Adapter” driver BUT when installing AMD drivers instant BSOD (tried multiple driver versions/each failure removed using DDU) (obvious failure)
- Put card back into HiveOS rig, flashed a modded BIOS from tech forum, and got stats (temp/fan and power) to display, but no mining. Flashed original back on with no OC. Same result (stats but no mine). After a few reboots, it is back to the main issue described above.
- Flashed this same modded BIOS (from the forum) to see if stats come back at least but to no avail. Still completely useless except the name shown in HiveOS interface.
Has anyone seen/experienced this before? Please help.
Thanks in advance,