More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

i was using this: 1030 840 920, and had 3 invalid shares in 2h, and i was getting 42.39mh

i tried your settings, 1050 825 950, and it worked next inserted the amdmemtweak, and gpu dead.

i saw in another post from a few weeks ago to change the rcdrd 13, and to try 17-20.

with all your settings i only changed that value, i tried with 20, right now i’m getting 48.78, in 5 minutes 2 invalid shares

what i can do more?

so if i lower the mem, i get less invalid shares… but still getting invalid shares.

with 1030 840 920 i got maybe 2 invalid shares in two hours.

right now i have 1030 840 and 900, almost 1 hour on, and 0 invalid shares. but this graphic card is a absolute pain… i didnt use any amdmemtweak codes because i cant get it stable without any tweaks… i tried so many settings, i’m trying so much since monday… but or the graphic card crash, or gives me invalid shares… i dont know what to do more… is a ASUS Hynix HBM2 like i told before…

If you’re panicking already because you’ve been trying so many things since Monday, then Vega’s might not be the best cards for you.
A lot of us are trying for months or maybe some of us for years now, trying to squeeze every tiny bit of hashrate out of these cards. Some of us are perfectionists and we’ll never be happy and keep squeezing. I’ve got one running stable now at 56.89MH/s, which is amazing, but so close to 57 so I’m desperately trying to change tiny bits to achieve that goal.
And no, not every Vega will run that high, that’s one of my silicon lottery’s. Every Vega is different and there are countless different tweaking options.
Luckily a lot of us share our experiences right here in this very long topic. So to answer your question about what more you can do; well, take your time reading through it, note down important bits and pieces, and then start putting it all together.
And if you found the right mix for you, you might as well give the community back and share your experiences too!
Happy Veging!

2 Likes

VEGA drives me CRAZY! but, no pain no gain. i think i could carry on

:+1: :+1: :rocket:

hi, awesome work!
can you share your straps?
i have also a sapphire 64 flashed to 56, but i cant hit 55MH, just around 53
i use this straps for my sapphire: ( 1100/850/1020 )
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 26 --REF 24000 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

with these my both sapphire’s will go +56mh 1130/830/1045.
Try lower rc and your ref is way low allso.rp12 to 11 will bring 1mh.
Hope this is any help

1 Like

My sapphire nitro+ vega 56 makes 56mh@130w with those settings:

Should I try to push it further?

i had something like 56,7mh but i dont see the point in high wattage and now high summer time temps so i backe´d down, its only 1,xx mh less but way lower wattage and temps…imho, dont push it more, u give your gpu maybe 1-2year more lifespan with more conservative settings…i have backed down all my gpus, they were all tuned to maxmax :laughing: silly waste of energy and hardware.

i updated to 0.6-207@210808, but i have no change with my card gigabyte 64 gaming oc (flashed with VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp)
1100/850 and 840 memory
straps:
amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Hi all,

I’ve added a new Gigabyte OC with Hynix memory (Gigash!te I’m calling it now) to my rig and after 6 hours of trying, the wife falling out with me, the dog barking at me and spilling my beer out of tiredness I’m calling it a night. These really are a PITA.

Can anyone help me?

Whatever settings I seem to apply to GPU5 crashes the rig almost immediatly and when it auto-reboots gets stuck on “a start job is running for Hive” and counts to infinity. I then have to do a hard reboot at the wall to get it mining again, clearing any OC to blank.

What is annoying is I have another Gigash!te which works. The new one (GPU5) simply won’t play.

Offending GPU is GPU5.

Straps for GPU 4 are: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

Please help! :slight_smile:

hi, i have one gigabyte 56 gaming oc also, with Hynix, my GPU4
try this, and hope it cans help u
1100/850/960
straps:
amdmemtweak --CL 18 --RC 34 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 6 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 4 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4

Friend I have the MSI with Hynix memory but it does not exceed 42mhs I have the same OC that you show on the screen, do I have to do something else to my gpu to reach 50mhs?

I think you need to add straps, try these:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

Thanks for the suggestion mate.

Tried it and the card simply refuses to boot (GPU5):

I did reflash the BIOS to the standard one (VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp) before I started all this. Could that be the issue perhaps?

have u tried with some oc´s with hive straps for hynix ? Do you add oc´s thru gui, not command line? If you try with like mem 900 vdd 850-70 core 1000 and default straps, does it still crash ? What mb u have? Default bios should not affect that way, hive will get stuck if oc´s are off, imho would be worth trying with low oc´s, high vdd agressive undervolting enabled. Dont remember now what was solution on issue with oc´s erased but u can find several post on that one on this thread. Some mb´s do get stuck after crash due network issues.hope u find solution

have u tried with some oc´s with hive straps for hynix ? Yes tried with no OC or straps and card runs ok but only 33MH. When I add an OC it crashes but saying that I’m going to try your ‘dead basic’ OC settings and see what happens combined with straps.

Do you add oc´s thru gui, not command line? through GUI

If you try with like mem 900 vdd 850-70 core 1000 and default straps, does it still crash ? Going to try that shortly. I get random GPU crashes with other Vega’s so going to try and sort them first as I have some time today.

What mb u have? A POS one that I picked up for £30 haha! Slow but does the job (I hope!)

Update:

We have some progress:

GPU5 strap: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

2 Likes

good. have u tried lower RP like 11 ? How about lower RCDRD ? RFC 239 ? its mining now so thats good…takes time to find the right combo ! lol

Do anyone know what thermalpads thickness vega 56 has?