More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

so after all my testing im back to the same strap for both low power and high hash settings lol
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

2 Likes

Hello guys!
My AMD Rig is happy with TeamRedMiner, but in a test rig, where I want to mine with nvidia+AMD, when I set NBminer + TRM in the flight, TRM crashes…

NBminer + lolminer works fine, buy I only get 45MH/s from my Vega, TRM gets 53. Same configuration and straps. lolminer only goes up like 2-3MHs when I set the straps.
Oh, and lolminer get a lot of invalid shares…

There’s any way to get similar performance with lolminer? Do you recommend other miner?

TRM with TREX works great image

2 Likes

I agree, VEGA 56/64 with the optimized settings on this thread running TRM ETHASH around 51-54 MH/s are using around 160 watts on the 12V PSU rail. Now the PSU has to do AC to DC conversion which is only about 80-90% efficient, the rest is energy lost as heat. The best 80 PLUS Titanium PSUs can manage 95% efficiency, so if you want higher power savings, buy those, but they are more expensive. To get the real WALL usage divide by the PSU efficiency (0.8) to be safe. So each GPU in reality is using 177-200W AC current in the end.

1 Like

Been having a blast trying to tune my vege 56. it’s asus with hynix memory. been able to hit some pretty high hashrates with hw errors tho.

cc1075 mem 950
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 34 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 6 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 4 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4

this got me 51.4 with an error after an hour. changed rcdrd to 13 and testing that now at 52.04

the best i had was 52.3 stable for over 12 hours before the hw errors. been following this thread for a while and it’s been very helpful. hopefully 52.04 is stable.

so far the best stable i could get is 50.93 that can run forever without errors it seems. that was with the default hynix config. cc 1075 mem 960

There is a difference in straps between Gigabyte Gaming OC and Gigabyte reference cards.
For Gaming OC 56 Hynix I use mostly:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12
But I also have one Gaming OC 56 Hynix that can’t run above but needs below:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12
For my Gigabyte reference 56 Hynix I use:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 16 --RCDWR 12
I do not own Gigabyte 64 cards though.

1 Like

Like @ss-silver I also have good results with TRM for AMD and T-Rex for Nvidia running together. I believe these 2 give the best results for these brands, but that’s just my opinion.
These are both dedicated miners though; TRM only mines with AMD and T-Rex only with Nvidia.
NBMiner is for both AMD and Nvidia; so if you put it together with TRM in one flight sheet, you should configurate NBMiner correctly to only mine with the Nvidia cards, otherwise both TRM and NBMiner might fight for the same AMD cards.

Hello

New card in today and I’m having a lot of troubles with it.

Card info:
Powercolor Vega 56 with Hynix memory.

The problem is that the card crashes with any straps in this forum, and with Hiveos suggested straps. The only way i can get the card to do some kind of work is with this OC: Core-1000 | VDD-900 | MEM-900.
And it only spits out invalid until crash.

Any suggestions or help will be much appreciated.

blower style vegas are any good for mining?

yeah they are pretty good. 54MH I get on mine

Having headache with mine Vega 56 Asus Strix Hynix memory :frowning:
I can’t get my card past 41.5 Mh/s in HiveOs. Max I was getting using Windows 10 and TeamRedMiner was around 45 MH/s with identical settings like I’m using now in HiveOS.

My settings : 1100 Core, 850 VDD, 880 MEM. I can’t get memory higher like other people that are going up to 950 MHz, it’s unstable above 880 Mhz.

What I’m doing wrong???

My straps are : amdmemtweak --RC 36 --RP 13 --RAS 25 --REF 65535 --RFC 164 --RRDL 3 --RRDS 3 --RCDRD 21 --RCDWR 10

Please help! It’s so frustrating seeing other guys rockin’ around 50 Mh/s.

What straps are u using for vega 56 with hynix memory?

Did it really work? Which bios did you use?
Vega 64 flashed woth 56 bios? Both bioses were red devil??

1 Like

51 MHs

OC: 1050 825 950

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

Hello there,

I could not find the modding (oc) settings of the following product, can you help me?

Samsung K4G80325FB · 115-D000PIL-100

hey. Thats rx580, right?
If so, here is modded vbios for that.
VBIOS

When flashing bios in hive, if bios file´s product id is not correct, flashing will fail even if actual ROM is correct for that card due hive´s flash security check, so it might be that its necessary to flip “force flash” tab and ignore security check´s when flashing gpu.
If your card dont have dual bios, its possible that if flashing goes wrong for some reason, then u dont have backup bios on your card to recover and then your card is bricked.
If that happens, its still possible to recover by connecing gpu to windows pc and use that to recover bios, but there is allways possibility that card is permanently bricked…so…i do flash cards with forced flash when i need to, but i cant recommend it… xd…so naturally all all modding with your own concideration and responsibility :wink:

2 Likes

Trying to tweak my vega 56 Airboost. Getting some invalid and rejected, teamred, eth.
Any suggestions?

thanks mate. I will gladly try.

let us know how it goes :+1:

Unfortunately, it was not as we thought, the card did not work, I had to throw the original mode ( oc ) again.