More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Hi guys,

I just got a used vega 56 and can’t get it running. Fyi I have two 64’s wc flashed down (used this guide) and have them stable running at 51mh - which is fine for me

But now the new 56 drives me nuts. I always the the trm to report the 56 either as dead or stuck… And I have no idea where to start. I have flashed the latest bios on the card (Asus strix oc h-memory) - I have reset the oc settings, but still no luck - maybe the card is dead? Will put it in my windows box for testing - but what are the proper steps in hiveos to tackle an issue like this? Thank buddies

what are your settings? straps? what pool your mining? some pools have “bad” servers and produce loads of invalids even with setting that are fine with other pools…

have u concider to try to flash it with different vbios? Have run it without straps and oc then before appying straps?

yes I tried without straps and oc … there are invalid shares and just as many … maybe the card is dead ??

reflash?

gave it to a friend for testing. then I’ll think about what to do with it. maybe reflash
the second BIOS on this card 113-D0500300-102 also gives invalid shares …

trial&error…the joy of vega´s :smiley:

lucky. hynix cards i had (sold or returned) never worked for me at rcdrd 12 or/and 800 voltage

I rather say that u have been unlucky, or have given up too soon.
If you havent got them work that dosn´t mean that all others who have, have been “lucky”… its not only rcdrd value on straps… and there is other factors in setting combination that makes certain values possible. How many and what brand Hynix cards u have had?

1 Like

2 sapphire nitro and 1 pulse

imho 2 best vega cards…

I found myself with a corropt card - what ever Mem-Settings I tried I ended up with a dead-CPU issue on the miner. So I got rid of the card; But hey we are all just kids so I got a new one (MSI Air Boost 56 hynix) got it in a full PC for 400 EUR. Currently I am using the PC to test the settings and the card without having to worry about my 300mh/s rig being unstable :wink:

Currently I am battleing the Temperature of the card - which sits around 49c/69cmem - what I will do next week is to re-apply the PADs and apply some heat-sinks to the back of the card. Than when everything is working good I will move the card tho my Mining-Grow-Tent and the main AMD-Rig (where I still need a second PSU by the looks of it)…

so thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I am kinda new to AMD and mining - have some experiance with Nvidia but never crossed the line. Just found some LC Vegas on the second marked a month ago - man it was love on first sight. Now I struggle to understand the AMD-Vocabular (straps, what are those settings etc…)

having the chance to get another nitro 64 for a bargain - just have to convice the wife and do the ROI-Calculation (we all now eth 2.0 is knocking…)

congrats, a pc testbench is handy, even better if u can run allso windows on it…if your rigs are on Linux…do concider 56 vegas allso, they are really good, just dont get Gigabyte´s…and naturally if possible allways prefer samsung mem card if 56. Enjoy with your vega studys and if u need any help, here is defo allways someone willing to assist with some issues or any random vega stuff :+1:

Stabilised now, geting 54 on a Vega 56 Nano Samsung

B mode on teamreadminer gave me +1.5 Mh/s compared with A mode

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 00.51.39

This is the strap I’m using:

amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 12 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 26 --REF 22800 --RFC 234 --RTP 5 --RRDL 4 --RRDS 3 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 11

1 Like

Here are my mixed Vega 56 results.

1 Like

The Radeon RX Vega 56 8176 MB · Gigabyte is the problem child)

Hi everyone

I have the same troublesome Gigabyte Vega 64
This is what I get (best Hash/Watt ratio)

It can get up to 53Mh but not stable

I use BIOS: from 56
Straps default HIVE: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

It is on TRM and use default mode not B variant. B adds 2 more W.

Method at the top of this thread gets it to around 52 but with whopping 180w

Does anyone have any idea how to reduce the power at least a bit more?

tried pushing rcdrd to 12 which didn’t work out on GPU 5, runs stable at 99 watts, cant seem to replicate on any other reference vega unless dropping mem to 960 so ~52Mh.

I have 64 with 56 bios 51.3 but at 150+W
If you got better please advise
mine is Gigabyte

Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how to do that? I just set autofan and leave them alone at the moment.