More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

hey Smining,
i have test all straps of this forum, from you and from Vsimovic from Rocco1180 and from Cr001, and other
but nothing to do, allways problem with carsh or invalid
of my msi hynix impossible to work minus RCDRD 18 and more coreclock as 1020, memory at 920 but only 48mh
i dont understand why she could work more

i test actually this straps

I belive vdd doesn’t generate Invalids. For me it was too high mem clock or too tight RCDRD or RC timings. Sometimes rising slightly mem voltage could also help.

What does aggressive undervolting do? I have it switched off on all Vegas.

What you can do I to disable all Vegas in HiveOS and switch them on one by one to check which one causes the problems. I would also assign very light straps on them for example:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 39 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 12

the straps from SS-argent are not good for me only 48.2mh
i am actually since 43minutes with this overclock

and with this straps

Everthing for do better ? and why after 2hours i have some invalid share example into 20minutes i can have 15 invalid share

sorry i has crashed in time how i write the message

I suggest RC 36-37 and mem clock about 935, core 1030 would be enough. For power saving try core voltage 820 and lover every 5mh if it runs stable. My 2 Hynix cards are running stable with 780mv and only 102watts. Sometimes Hynix can’t run more than 48mh :skull_and_crossbones:

In next few days i’m starting project with custom cooling for my reference MSI Vega 56 (Samsung) which runs louder than my hoover “loud and proud” to make mem cooler than 70c! This may be interesting for people afraid of summer coming :sun_with_face:
I bought already aftermarket Thermaltake water cooling, small radiators for memory and Kraken G12 adapter :snowflake: keep fingers crossed

3 Likes

How are people managing to get to 50+Mh/s?

I have a Vega 56 Red Dragon with Samsung memory. The core is at 1250MHz / 880mV and the memory is 1030MHz / 910mV, which seems like a really good overclock, but I’m only getting 46.5Mh/s. I’ve seen people hit 47Mh/s at less than 950MHz.

I’m using TRM on Windows with these timings.

–CL 20 --RAS 30 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 8 --RC 44 --RP 14 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --REF 17000 --RFC 249

Changing to teamredminer got 3 Cards hashing but my 570 and 580 stopped.
I reflashed the vega cards not hashing, nothing
put oc to 0 on all not hashing cards nothing.
low voltage off
Picture has card returned to bacis oc
do I need to update to personal havon platform?
real not sure where to look next but thanks so much for moving me past a three day stalemate

3 Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB flashed to 101
1 Radeon RX Vega 56 8GB flashed to 101
1 Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 flashed to 101

hey. What are acceptable Temps for vega Core and Mem… My rig is getting quite hot and temps are rising. I still have fans at 80-90% but i belive its not gonna any cooler anytime soon. atm im close to 80deg on Mem

again, repply to my self…some info i found,

Limits
Temp Hotspot: 105°C
Temp Liquid 1: 74°C
Temp Liquid 2: 74°C
Temp HBM: 95°C
Temp VR SOC: 115°C
Temp VR Mem: 115°C
Temp Plx: 100°C

1 Like

try ,
amdmemtweak --RC 37 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

core 1130 vdd 830 mem 1045 & aggressive undervolting. if it start mining with these u can try higher core/mem and if not, go down to core 1100 and mem 1020 and when and if it init and start…let it run for some time and then try to go up with 5-10 step by step on mem/core, one at the time…and each time let it run for few minutes in between .good luck, hope this helps

Thanks so much, dude.

I’m up to ~54Mh/s with your settings and memory at 1000MHz. Seems completely stable as well. I’m going to see if I turn it into a Vega 56Mh/s.

My temps aren’t too bad either. Sitting between 55°C and 60°C according to GPU-Z, fan speed ~55%.

I should have started doing this a long time ago.

good to hear that values helped your. You might get 2mh more with higher core and mem, i would look into consumption allso, but first i would suggest that let it run as is for a day–or two and see if it starts acting up, are u getting invalids or other issues, if not start further tuning easy easy :wink: good luck with mining

try to start with mem 2050 core 1050 with rx570. rx580 should be fine as is, but might be good idea to take that one down a bit allso and when u get them mining go back up with your oc.
In pic u dont have any vdd values, so apply vdd 850 to rx5xx for starters.

edit.noticed your high core for vega´s. maybe try with lower value for get them up and running. mem like something between 1000-1045…

I have bought many (15) Vega cards and none get over 960 mem, can anyone enlighten me on what I am missing? Above 960 they drop to 8-9mh

i can t mine with my vega 64 and the other cards because of the vega plz help
i tried in windows and video card had no problem mining

somewhat more info might be useful; what brand and type, what vbios, what core clocks, what voltages, what straps, … ?
the more info you give us, the better we might help.

what we’re all doing here is flash a 56 bios on the 64 cards; all OC’s and straps mentioned in this thread are for 56 (wether 56 original or 64 flashed to 56).