More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 26 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

1 Like

that’s great . @gpvelzen can you share for hynix also . I’m getting invalid shares.

sorry got no hynix gigabyte card

Hi i got a problem with my vega 64
it wont start mining on phoniex miner and when i try on trm say dead gpu reboting

I was sharing a few posts ago for Hynix

First of all clear all your straps and set default core and mem settings. Share your settings, somebody maybe will help for a beer :slight_smile:

Hi,
Does anyone know what could cause the 511°C Bug ? I exchanged the risers, the power supply and the cable and the problem still is there… I hope it is ok to ask here but did anyone of you had that issue because of a bad timing ? This is what I use:

amdmemtweak --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 11 --RC 37 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 4 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WR 14 --REF 22800 --RFC 234

And my settings: 1000Core 800mv and 780mv Mem Controller Mem 985MHz getting solid 52,1MH/s

The card is very likely not broken because I used it for gaming recently and never had issues… Also about 2months ago the card was hashing without issues with the same settings inside my Navi Rig.

Hi,

Well same issue. And I change everything as well.
So I just removed this card because my rig working good and stable without this card …
I think - we need wait for some new update on HiveOS or drivers…

If you using TeamRedMiner try TMR 0.8.0 version …

i just test the card in my pc and no display. But no problem i will sent it back to the store. Thanks tho.

Is it working with 0.8.0 ? Would be awesome ! I am on latest always. The thing is, I lit tried everything… I swapped the card in multiple rigs and now even changed the mobo but the problem still is there.
I have it now in my windows PC temporarily, really don’t want to keep it there.

I think its your overclocks crashing that card.
What brand of card and what memory type?
800 VDD will crash a Samsung at 985 mem, and 985 mem will crash a Hynix.
Also setting the mem controller voltage too low would cause instability.

1 Like

I have a Sapphire Pulse V56 (the one with the Vega Nano PCB) and it has Samsung Memory.
I set the mem controller voltage to stock and downgraded TRM to 0.8.0. Also yes the Core Voltage could be an issue, so I will try that if that happens again. Temps are also very good, I have 50°C on Core and 70°C on HBM.

Winter was good for mining, but now spring is coming and then that awful summer (awful for mining anyway :sweat_smile:)… Ambient temperatures will rise, and so will the HBM memory temperatures.
I have one big fan in one window blowing air from outside into my “mining room”, and 4 big fans blowing the hot air out of the room through another window.
I have set hiveos autofan settings on MEM temp 60°C.
But with the rising ambient temperatures (for now only up to 20°C), all the gpu fans sometimes go near 100% fan speed and MEM temp climbs up to 70°C. I know this is not a critical temperature yet, but I like to keep them HBM’s cold for longevity. But I’m afraid for the summer, when ambient temperatures can rise up to 40°C, so most likely HMB’s will go near 90°C.
We had one hot day already when temps went to 30°C, and then for testing purpose I just turned off all my straps and rebooted the rig without them. Hashrates were off course considerably lower, but temperatures of the HBM too. Maybe we should look for intermediate straps, like winter-straps, spring-straps and summer-straps :nerd_face:
How are you all dealing with rising ambient temperatures?

That seems indeed a pretty low core voltage. I can’t get any of mine below 815, but most need 825 or 830mV.

To my knowing, 511 should indeed be something with risers, USB cables, power cables to the riser or power cables to the gpu itself. I once had it due to an insufficient deeply plugged-in gpu power cable into the psu (only a tiny bit was enough) and once with a burned cable.

Too high to start with indeed, but sometimes you also have lucky Hynix’. I have one at 985 and one at 990. All my other Hynixes are indeed around 940 to 960.

I agree with @steroid here; start with lower MEM for Hynix and work your way gradually up until you find the crash limit. Please note that sometimes crashes occur even after several hours. I consider an OC stable if it runs for 24h without invalids. Only then I’ll take the next step in finetuning.

I would try to set core to 1080 and gradually rise the MEM as high as you can keep it stable, then lower RCDRD as low as you can keep it stable.

Yes, core to 1080 and apply straps (many possibilities mentioned in this topic)

Indeed not; I can’t get my Hynixes below RCDRD 14 :frowning:
My worst Hynix with RCDRD 18 mem 940 runs only 48MH/s on this strap:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 11
Another Hynix with RCDRD 14 mem 940 runs around 51.3MH/s on this strap:
amdmemtweak --CL 19 --RC 36 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 6 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 4 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 4

1 Like

Yes I’ve been thinking the same so working on lowering wattage to reduce temps. In testing, it looks like Hynix, at least this one, can run fine at 770 vdd. I had been running this power hungry card at 830mV for 122w, just dropping vdd lowered it by 13w at the wall.

Important note before trying this:
Stop the miner, then make changes to OCs, then start the miner if you have a the Vega running under 800mV. When changing vdd below 800 while mining my rig would crash once immediately after changing the OCs, but then run fine. If I change any OC on that rig while it was running, it will crash.

amdmemtweak --CL 19 --RC 36 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 6 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 4 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4

I tried 762 vdd but had stability issues.

Ive heard rumors of a setting on the Samsung reference cards that can do 48mh @ 80w but never actually seen it…

3 Likes

for the GPU2 ( hynix ) , are you using these strap setting which you posted ?

I"m currently using this the bootstrap values :
amdmemtweak -–cl 20 --ras 23 --rcdrd 20 --rcdwr 11 --rc 36 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 5 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 9 --wr 13 --rfc 249 --REF 65000

These are also not stable ( i got error : GPU 0 : detected dead ) .

One more thing , my graphic card vegas 56 has a switch on it, which direction should it be ? I’m having it away from the fan .

how did you solve the invalid share then ?

Was it stable before you applied the straps? In other words, are you sure the straps cause the dead gpu and not your OC?

And the bios switch position has been mentioned multiple times before. I know the topic is very long with almost 500 posts, but there will be lots of valuable information in it for your Hynix straps and OC’s too.

I can’t get my vdd’s that low. Most likely my core clocks are too high for that. Personally I found the best MH/s results if I put core clocks for Hynix 56 on 1080, Samsung 56 on 1100 and Samsung 64 flashed to 56 on 1115.
So to lower the wattage I’ll try to drop the core clocks and vdd’s in order to get lower temperatures. I don’t mind the temporary lower MH/s as long as my HBM’s don’t burn during summer :sunglasses:
And wow, 48MH/s for 80W! I’ll try to look into that rumor too!

2 Likes

Yes, this is what I also read everywhere, but I can assure you that this isn’t the problem in my case. I exchanged the cables, the PSU itself, swapped the riser 3x and even changed the mobo. The GPU works fine under windows but core voltage on windows is min 875mv so that could be an issue… Still, I had a running for days without issues with 800mv and 780mv on mem controller. I now downgraded Hive os to 0.6-203@210403 because this is the version I had everything working with and will report if the issue has be resolved finally