More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Any more tips. I’m running the above setup with the given strap. I’m running 4 vega 56s on trm getting 49mh. I changed the memory clock to 935 as 950 rebooted. It ran for 7 hours before a reboot so I’m guessing I’m nearly there with it? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

it seems good. Monitor the system long term for now

Are the 56’s Hynix or Samsung?

I’ve dropped the mem clock to 930 and fingers crossed it’s been 24 hours with no issue

1 Like

this is super helpful been looking for solution for my vega 56 for about a week now and i found this. just follow the instruction and BOOM! stable all the way

1 Like

So, I’m going to try and note all the problems I had with the rig onwards. Maybe some will find that instructive.

My GPU 4 is problematic. Sometimes TRM will show its dead and restart. Thats not a problem. Maybe 2 minute of mining time lost. But what is a problem is that sometimes it will get: “Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error” error which will force a restart and it will not show up. I’ll have to manually restart a few times for it to show up.
possible solution: I’ve downgraded the BIOS to an older version. Same MH/s, same OC, same straps. 24h for now and ZERO problems.

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for posting this information, it’s helped me set up my vega and get it stable.

I am also running into " GPU 0: detected DEAD (03:00.0), will execute restart script watchdog.sh" from Team RedMiner. Do you know if there is a way to correct this or we just have to live with it?

I am completely new to mining and HiveOS, but if the rig reboots, do you need to reapply the flight sheet or overclock settings? I think mine is holding the configs but it is hard for me to tell if it is active.

If you are only running 1 GPU, do you still need straps? or would that only need applied if you add a second card?

Hello ,

Can You help me and give me the procédure to flash my Vega 64 gigabyte GAMING OC 8GB to Vega 56 bios please ?

You can easily do it under Overclocking in your Rig menu its pretty self explainatory once you are there :slight_smile:

however for me nothing of the above works i have a few ellesmere cards on the same rig and no matter what i do i get 00MHS on the Vega and the miner crashes,

i applied the straps i flashed it to 56 but doesnt do anything…

someone got ideas?

i’d just tried this procedure in first to try to see what my Vega 64 gigabyte GAMING OC 8GB is able to done in windows i have 44,2 MHS in result

is it working fr you ?

i think that if the card is working in windows

good evening ,

so i’d just download Gigabyte Vega56 on techpowerup website

after that i forced the vbios update and it is done !! , thanks you @4lxAnd3r

But now i’m only 40,2 MHS in hiveos …it is not very good any suggestion ? i don’t understand how to do to increase to more to 50 mhs :frowning:

ok

finally i had the previous ecommanded setting in command line

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

and i obtain 46,332 MHS that is pretty good but not as much as 50 :-(.

Any idea ?

Hey Guys,

is it possible to run this command just for one GPU?
I’ve a rig with 7 RX480, and one Vega 56.

Thanks!

We have similar case mine draw 180w power, have you manage to solve it?

you can type --i (GPU number 0-whatever) just after amdmemtweak

thank you! it works!

amdmemtweak --gpu 1 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

I wanted to give my thanks to all who have provided great information in this thread. I was able to get one of my old Vega 56 mining rigs up and running with incredible output.

HiveOS Version:
0.6-199@210218

GPUs:
2x AMD Vega 56 Reference 8GB (flashed to MSI Vega 56 Airboost ROM; 2018 version)
4x MSI Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB (flashed to MSI Vega 56 Airboost ROM; 2018 version)

Straps:
–CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

Overclock Template:
CORE @ 1000
VDD @ 850
MEM @ 1025

Miner:
TeamRedMiner (enable compute, eth-config=B, custom fan control)

Results:

I can probably pull some more power from the card but I’m happy with the output, and the current rate of ETH outweighs cost of power (minimal, thanks to solar array).

I have 2 more Vega 56 running with same ROM, same straps and similar OC settings using TeamRedMiner on a liquid-cooled Windows rig. Currently hashing at 56 Mh/s on both cards. This setup is temporary until I can get a new GPU as this is my primary gaming rig. The pair of Vega 56s on the gaming rig aren’t doing it for us. :smile:

In a few weeks, I’ll be setting up a new mining area in my house where I can bring all 3 of my rigs together (Vega 56 rig, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 rig, and an EVGA 1080 Ti rig). Should see some good results here soon.

4 Likes

sorry i am new to mining with amd cards where should I be looking to download the roms to flash to there’s cards ?

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

1 Like