More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

btw. how do you like those units with hynix?

perfect and stable. I have 5 reference cards. Blower style.

Hey looks like the issue is the amdmemtweak you are using is the one for my crappy hynix I posted earlier. Thats why hash rate is low, but easy to fix!

For Samsung’s use this strap, just copy and paste this into the “tweak” section of OCs on both cards and you will see big gains:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

Let me know how that one works for you.

1 Like

okay, im gonna give hynix a shot, will come back to you about good settings and possible bios mod if thats okay for you :slight_smile:

so this is for samsung,how about hynix staraps? any good ones?

In my experience Hynix cant go over 960 mem without frequent crashes/invalids so are limited to about 52, the straps Vsimovic posted a couple comments ago are the best I’ve seen on a Hynix.

Really Good Hynix can run 12-13 RCDRD
Crappy Hynix (Gigabyte & Asus) need 17-20 RCDRD or will crash/ throw invalids.
This is an MSI Airboost (good) Hynix running that strap except I have to use RCDRD 13 or get invalids :

1 Like

Dear vsimovic,
regarting the R9 they did work from the beginning, i just use Phoenixminer. If you use Teamredminer they stop working. And yes i can push them to nearly 31 Mhs but the eat power like hell, and they are getting quite hot, so i decided to stay at ~29

Dear Steroid
thank you for your information. But changing the RCDRD from 20 to 12 didn´t even change anythning at all? How is that possible? I have the same hashrate with both settings

Dear ss-silver,

your setting are not working for me… when i use your strap and paste this into the “tweak” section of OCs i am losing ~1 Mhash… the settings of your crappy hynix work better for me?!?
why is that? Am i doing something wrong?

Increase core to 1100 or 1130, take off that power limit if you have one, and drop mem to 1028. See if that gives you more.

nope did not work

hmm im not sure same card, same bios # and same settings. Are you using TeamRedminer in Bmode?

No i am using phoenixminer, because TeamRedminer will not start working with the R9 390…
that could be the problem…

how to use Bmode?

thats the issue. you can load 2 different miners just use them with specific cards. phoenix with r9 and TR wih vegas

what that is possible? cool! but how can i do that?

1 Like
2 Likes

yes with the teamredminer i have 56 Mhash!
but i am too stupid to add the R9 card with the phinixminer…
Unbenannt333|690x154 !

all is working! thank you all very much !!!

amazing

2 Likes