More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX3060 12GB results here

try these settings on to get up over 35mhs on ETH

NVIDIA DRIVERS: 460.91
NBMINER VER: 39.7
HIVEOS VER:0.6-208@210818

isn’t mem 3150 dangerous in long term for your gpu? … or is it watercooled?

Thanks! i am on lolminer 1.34ver and right now i am getting 39mh…
i got the nonLHR cards, maybe that helps…i dont know.
BUT like i complained many times, lolminer is very unstable! I am having constant problems and resets, and bad shares, and just overall unstable machine. I dont have this issue with my other machines on Trex or Phoenix…
i hope they update it soon, so it can be stable!
I cant set my machine for unknown reason to mine on MiniZ. looks like this miner is also giving good MH for 3060 cards, but, i tried everything! it wont start to mine at all…
So, i will wait for better days on lolminer…

by they way - using mem 1450 and core 2150
corelock is very efficient, and temp are under 50c…with 35-40% fans!
PL is like 105 at most…

driver: 460.39
tried 470…but i guess for my cards, that is the best one so far

WIll try 1150 again next time on lolminer. Haven’t been able to get dual mining on seperate pols with nbminer, but the results are good. Got 35.4-35.7 MH/s at around 104-110W. Did end up pushing the clocks a bit more (c 1580, m 2100, pl 110)

Thanks for the help

but from time to time , the hashrates are all over the place
gpu1 - goes missing lets say, after 30 sec appears again, after that gpu3 does the same thing
or gpu goes from 39 to 23 and up back to 29…
its not doing it constantly - but its frustrating big time!
it used to be very stable before - lower hashrates - yes, but stability was much much better!

The older driver didn’t recognize some of the ga106 cards. You might need to upgrade the nvidia drivers. If you don’t like it you can downgrade later

Ok, which one?
I think i tried 470.(dont rememmber) but it wont start mining, even after 20 restarts!
Now, after power outage, wont start mining with 460.39…i dont know, very weird and annoying situation.
I went on the lolminer github place, and there was no much info on what is the best driver…

I’m using the latest N495.44. However, 470 recognized the newer cards

i tried your driver, wont start mining at all
tried with older hiveos and newer hiveos versions
i finally managed to make it work - used the 460.32.03 and lolminer 1.33
those are the results and we will see about stability
i hope it will run better and i guess i dont have another choice but to wait for better lolminer updates

try to increase mem to between 2400 and 2600… also try nvidia driver 495.44 and PL 120… see if it improves… you have non-lhr cards and should get around 40mh on each … on my lhr v2 3060 zotac, I’m getting 36mh on each

great, thanks for the advise :slight_smile: please let me know which lolminer you are using and hiveos version the latest or some other…

because i had issues with the newer hiveos version

Thanks again, i will post results soon :slight_smile:

wont start on lolminer 1.34a or 1.34
wont start with newest hiveos version

i made it work on the older os ver and 1.33lolminer

but results are worst than previous

i am telling you - it drives me crazy
i will reverse back to 46.32.03

quick question:

since core value of 1500 limits the card’s power usage to up to 105 W and the 8pin power cable supplies up to 150W, do I really need to power the PCIe 1x riser, since the riser uses usb 3 only to connect with the motherboard?

I’m 100% sure that under normal circumstances (like when not mining) all of the GPUs are pulling 75W from the PCIe slot on the motherboard and the rest from the extra cable. If you check older GPU’s they don’t even have extra power connection on them.
The riser USB cable takes only the data portion from the PCIe slot to the riser and not the power.
This is why you need the extra power cable, quality risers and cables and never use molex on them because those can only pull around 38W.

I use the 6pin to power the pcie 1x riser (not sata or molex) and I was afraid that the first source of power will be from the pcie slot… what will happen if I will try to boot the rig without powering the pcie risers? … is any chance to damage the cards or it will just not boot?

and, second question, the 8pin cable is maxed to 150W or it can go, lets say, to 240W? … my psu is single rail and it doesn’t care much in theory about power distribution between cables (1600W, 133A on 12V rail)

I have never tried to boot a rig that way.

What i did was to unplug the USB cable from the PCIe slot and boot it up with powering the riser and the GPU.

8 pin cables are able to draw more then 150W but it is not advised to do so, only if you know what you are doing and use quality material.
For example a 3090 can draw 500+ watts in boost mode, while the PCIe and the 8 pin cables can in “theory” put in 375W (150+150+75).

This is why Nvidia 4000 and AMD 7000 and the Nvidia 3090 Ti will be released with the new 12 pin power cable, wich can pull up to 600W.

my psu is EVGA SuperNOVA G+ 1600 80PLUS Gold (Single Rail, 133A - 220-GP-1600-X3) and the risers are Ubit PCIe Risers…

each of my 3060 (6 cards in total) is pulling out 105W max… on the wall, max value goes up to 750W

Thans for very good and professional answer. I will check your`s suggestions.

MY 3060 is Lhr v2 and I’m getting 35.37 MH at -200cc/2000m/120pl w/ driver v.465.31. Maybe your overclocks are to high?

i got 1 card non lhr, and i never had issues like this…
i got another rig, 6x3060 - and only one of them is different brand - the same like the one that is byitself.
all cards are running lolminer - but only the 6x3060 rig gives me headache…

today updated to 1.35lolminer and hiveos latest version…so far i am getting 39 and no bad shares…lets see for how long :slight_smile:
yesterday i had 60 bad shares for one card only - on the 6x3060 rig and the card that is different brand…

my current settings are
mem - 2150
core - 1450
pl - on auto right now
i have been running like this for like 6 months and so far 9 issues, till now :slight_smile:
power is like 100w or less, temp is always under 50 and fans are like 50% max!
those cards are solid, but recent changes are making them unstable from time to time…

time will tell