More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RTX 3070 ti not recognized in HiveOS or nvidia-settings

Here is a screenshot of my farm, showing my current OC settings:

Since there is no info on what OC settings to run the 3070ti on, I am still experimenting, but feel it is getting pretty much dialed in. I also have to figure out if I can really underrun the 3070ti due to the limiter. Will update how low I can get it.

Also switched to trex due to invalid shares, getting ~96.5% over several days. trex seems to be much better. I am also surprised how the twin fan TUF Gaming card does so much better than the EVGA card…The 3070ti card has never gotten an invalid share yet. I am assuming due to the hash limiter…

I am aware that there are some algos that are not limited, so probably after EIP 1559 I will explore options…if no one is able to get around the limiter that is…(crossing fingers).

Will try some RVN, CCX, BEAM, and ERGO shortly as well.

oc setting wrong for 3070 should be
core 1150
mem 2500
pl 130

Thank you so much @vikassonu
I tweaked the settings a little, but you put me on the path to a MUCH lower wattage. I went from ~700W to ~530W (I also mine monero with the CPU so ~100W goes to it, so it is ~430W without the monero mining.

I figured out the 3070ti oc settings as well.

I will keep dialing in. It looks like trex is also doing a better job than PhoenixMiner.

Hello, this thread was extremly useful as I just plugged in a 3070ti and also wound up needing to update the nVidia drivers to get the card to detect correctly.

I wanted to ask about your last OC screenshot. Looks like the Power Level is set to 270, but the watts used is 138 - that’s a weird discrepency, I’ve found cards usualy are much close to the max threshold set.

Have these settings been stable for you on the 3070ti? And if so is the power staying at 138 despite your max settings? I have the evga version and it looks like mine is hovering at about 150w with these OC settings - even though I left my power level at 270 max.

I may look into that regular 3070 setting as well. You seem to be doing better with lower watts and a higher core and mem setting…those setting seem pretty high, I have to say - am I causing extra wear on the card by going that high? mine are set to the following and getting just over 60mh/s

-100 core
2200 mem
130w

It’s because of the absolute core clock. Truth be told, if you use an absolute core clock value, you don’t need to power limit, as you can see from all his cards, they just use what they need and nothing more, the core clock takes care of it for you. The big benefit to the core clock is, should the card require more power for any reason, it can draw it for a short time since it’s not limited.

My 3070 settings
1070 core
2500 mem
90 fan
116w avg per card

Thank you, I wasn’t aware of that benefit of absolute core clock…with the 3070 settings you listed what mh/s are you getting?

@krynsky glad this thread has been useful to you. Here is what I am now using for my settings:

The cards are running much lower temps.
As you can see, this is ~6 days of run time and only 11 invalid shares.
I also notice I do not get random reboots like I used to.

Here is what I am getting on t-rex:

tyvm - you think this has helped with temprature as well? I have a horrible gigabyte 3080 card with just the worst thermals. I haven’t upgraded that rig to the latest hive but if there’s evidence temps go down as well I may do so.

My hash rates with my settings listed above.

Stable. As you can see some cards have gone down to 2450 or so, those cards were throwing 1 invalid every 24 hours at 2500 mem.

i updated my driver and the card still wont register help

I do not think updating to the latest Hive will get you better thermals. What you need to do is replace those pads my friend. Here is a nice video that explains with a Gigabyte 3080 no less! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFMbE41R7Fg

While it is true that your thermals MAY go down after a software update, the real gains you will make is:

1. underclocking
  2. thermal pad replacement

Hope you get some great results!

Make sure that you actually update your nvidia driver. You do this by opening another terminal tab in HiveOS and running:
nvidia-driver-update

similar issues i have. the hiveos show only the ID of the card but no other information like ram and version of it

open another tab? how u open a tab while the hiveos is web base?

Hi @sentlon, by the look of your post and your questions, you need to update your NVIDIA drivers on the HiveOS rig. To do this, you will need to connect to the rig. You can do this via SSH or via VNC. VNC is easy to do. You will download a VNC viewer. there are many. You will then connect to the rig by pointing the VNC viewer at the IP address of the rig (be connected to the same network for this to work, like if the rig is on your wireless, your computer should be connected to that network too). The default VNC password is “1”.

Once you are in, and you see the OS screen terminal with your miner, you need to open another tab so you can enter commands.

Now you can enter the following command:
nvidia-driver-update

The system will go through and update the driver for NVIDIA, and you will then have thee ability to use your 3070ti.

This needs to happen so you can use the card. The reason for this is that HiveOS does not come with the most up-to-date NVIDIA drives. You must call that upgrade script in order for it to work like I needed to for my 3070ti to function.

As for your second question, what I mean by another tab is when you are connected via VNC to your rig, you need to open a new terminal tab by clicking the plus button on the terminal window. See the screenshot below. The red arrow is pointing to what I mean:

Also, that is my 3070ti in the screenshot mining RavenCoin, doing a respectable 40MH. I get that by the following overclock:

thanks for the helping and really good explanation and guide to do.
i will try now. i come back to u later once the 3070ti work.

Hello!

I’m having some problems with my 3070 Ti… it starts mining at 40MH/s on RVN, just like yours, and a couple of minutes later it drops to 35MH/s…

I’ve tried a lot of different OC configs, miners and updated the driver version, but nothing works…

I’ve noticed that the Core Clock goes all the way down to 1110Mhz, and the power usage to 230W, even using absolute core clock and no power limits.

Did you notice any problems like that while mining kawpow with your GPU?

If anyone could help me out, I would be very appreciated!

@extremouz what are your OC settings? Also, what exact card is it? Mine shown is the Asus ROG Strix version.

I am using nbminer with https://ravencoin.flypool.org/

I do notice that if you get the settings too far out of whack, I will actually lose the rig and cause it to reboot. You may want to go lower on the core, I usually lower by 100 and check, lower, check. Same with overclocking, I go up 100, check. See how much MH I can get out with the lowest amount of wattage. Getting it down to 230W was a challenge. I can get it to 220W but I lose 5 MH or more.
Once core is dialed I will do mem. Then I do PL (wattage) to try and lower the wattage as much as I can. Thing is, RVN mining takes moe wattage than ETH mining, so once I see the MH start to drop, I know how low I have to stop. I usually go down by 10W, chweck, etc etc. In the screenshot you see I use 2900 for mem…well if I stretch it to 1400 cpre and ;like 3100 mem…I lose the GPUs and the entire rig reboots.

With all cards, you really have to dial them in, depending on build, hell depending on which memory you have. OC dialing is just what we have to do when underclocking/overclocking.

i not able to use VNC to connect however using the hive shell can goto the update. but it still not working

it have show the card ID in the system however it is not function.