More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig total freeze, requires power reset

Thanks @mpuf I 'll tried. For information my rig frozen while using gminer, I change to nbminer is ok, but less hashrate compare with gminer with same setting.
Hopefuly will be solved by your config.

@charlie

I have only 3080ti cards and i currently use T-rex miner. Same for my mining friends. We usually go with NBminer or T-rex.

Cheers.

I’ve been having some issues as well with my rig, with 8 cards…. Is it possible why my rig is laggy … I could very easily have mis matched my ricer cards and pcie cards…. Wow I’m blown away by this! Definitely gonna have a look at this tomorrow!

After configure BIOS still occasionally got frozen. I checked freezing happen during DAG generation. With the latest Hiveos update, now we have option in gminer --dag_gen_limit` to control maximal number of parallel DAG generations. I think it should not more than 6. I set to 3 and I tested several time by disconnect power. It can be booted smoothly without freezing.

Bro i have also the same problem can you jelp me out how how to set script ?

Hi, i have the same problem and my motherboard is HM65 and my processor is Celeron b820. Do I need to make the same settings as you?

Just wanted to say a massive thanks for troubleshooting this and posting your findings, I was one more freeze away from ditching Hive and going back to Windows!

And where are the developers in in this conversation? Too busy spending your money. the face is, the OS isn’t doing what a Linux OS should do. It should reboot, but it doesn’t. The problem is not hardware it’s software.

guys let me help all of you…
if your rig keeps crashing,freezing again and again and the power resset is only a option…
1.try setting overclock…as- 1-lower the memory clock bt 50-100
for example -if u setted your memory clock to -1800 then reduse it to 1750. check for 2 hour if crashed.frozen again-lower it to 1700 boom. your problem got resolved …
2. if it doesnt help…try incresing the fan speed for example if you setted your fan to 75 percent
then increse it to 85-95 percent here u see your problem got resolved
3. if above 2 not helps then …do two things at the same time-- it will resolve your problem thank you
4…if again it doesnt help… also try lower the core–by 50-100 definatly it will help

thank you

Hi, you need to setup message forwarding in telegram(telegrambotting.com) from hiveos bot to IFTTT.

This is how I done this:

1. Follow this guide until Step 3: @tg_feedbot: Getting Started
  2. Step 3 is very important, before proceeding make sure to type in /chats yournumberhere to TeleFeed bot, list with channels/bots/users and their IDs will be listed. Copy hiveos bot ID and IFTTT ID.
  3. Proceed with Step 3 and enter those 2 commands one after another:

/redirection add group1 on yournumberhere
idofhiveosbothere - idofiftttbothere

Thats it, once hiveos sends you notification in telegram, it will be forwarded to IFTTT and executed.

I tested it and it works with my tp link hs110 smartplug. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hi,

Solution above is very complicated, you can do this easily with telegram and ifttt without any coding.

First, setup telegram notifications from hiveos and then connect smartplug with ifttt(Reboot Kasa device by Telegram message - IFTTT), so you can reboot it via telegram message.

Then you need to setup message forwarding in telegram from hiveos bot to IFTTT bot.

This is how I done this:

1. Follow this guide until Step 3: @tg_feedbot: Getting Started
  2. Step 3 is very important, before proceeding make sure to type in /chats yournumberhere to TeleFeed bot, so the list with channels/bots/users and their IDs will be listed. Copy hiveos bot ID and IFTTT ID.
  3. Proceed with Step 3 and enter those 2 commands one after another:

/redirection add group1 on yournumberhere
idofhiveosbothere - idofiftttbothere

Thats it, once hiveos sends you notification in telegram, it will be forwarded to IFTTT and executed.

I tested it and it works with my tp link hs110 smartplug. Let me know if you have any more questions.

freez after 15 minute, [email protected]

Hello,
sorry for opening this topic again, but I solve exactly the same problem. Sometimes rig total freezes, monitor show freeze last no problem status, I see offline rig on hiveOS app. Miner log and syslog dont show anything. I have 2-3 questions:
1) I tried many recommanded ideas: I upgraded bios of motherboard, set up bios recommandations from @Slinkywizard and @Gin8910 which I found.
I set ReSizeBAR support disable, OC Explore Mode Exper, CPU ratio 35, CPU core voltage 1,3V, PSS Support disable, Global C-state controle disable. I didnt found PCIE Registers change and I didnt exactly same fan setting, my rig have only one fan for processor, i set it to DC. I found something like Core performance boost disable.
Additional I triend to set up lower constant frequency of RAM (1866MHz) and constant voltage (1,3V)
I tried to use other USB booting flash disk, downgraded hiveos version, checked cabels etc.
Please could you help me and recommand me other ideas what should I try to change? Probably an other setting that have my motherboard / affects my processor and you didnt have to solve it?
My rig equipment:
GPU: 7x GTX 1660Ti
MB: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 4GB 2133MHz
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
Risers: version 009
PSU: 2x Corsair RM750
USB: SanDisk Ultra Fair 16GB (USB3.0))

I am pessimistic and I think I will probably not able to solve the issue. I think about buy a smart plug, but I dont have any experience with it. My first step will be remote reset throw the remote smart plug (today I have to go to the rig and reset it manually).
Is there a parameter that the smart plug should have to work well? I want to manage it with android mobile and later try to set up an automatic restart and check rig status.

2) First question of this topic is is this solution OK or is there a danger of damage PSU, Motherboard etc?
3) What parameters should the smart plug have for future setting of automatic check if rig is offline and do the reset itself? Rig will work in place without a smart home instalation. Could be good solution for exampel TP-LINK Tapo P100 ?

Thank you in advanced,
Best regards,
Tomas

Hi Tomys,

Well, you tried already a lot of things.
The only ideas I have left are to reduce the overclocks on the Graphiccards or try a newer version of Riser cards (010.X)

For the smart plug there are indeed different qualities.
It is smart to monitor the power consumption.
Some of them can give instant notifications if power drops some of them are heavily delayed and not in real time.

Do you have WiFi available at your location?
If yes I would recommend you two components:

1)Smart plug (needs WiFi) to monitor the power.
Just find out the current power consumption and put the threshold for power drop notification 10 to 20 % below the current power state.
Make sure the smart plug has also enough USB power sockets for following components.

2)Smart switch (connect directly the switch to your motherboard on /off pins, that you can remotely “press” or better bridge the on / off button on the motherboard) that needs also WiFi.

If you do not have WiFi there, you can buy a nano router with 5V USB power supply and connect the LAN cable into it. Then you can connect the two components via WiFi to the Internet and monitor / control your rig.

Here is the smart switch:
MHCOZY Schalter Relais Wireless WiFi Hausautomation,kompatibel mit alexa Google Assistant (Smart life app, 2ch) https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08LVZR9WP/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_JZGMS0HFET0XQE1K6F5P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

For the smart plug I made the best experience with the brand Gosund but I just saw that the product I bought is not available anymore on Amazon.
I guess you need try by yourself other brands.

Hi Tomas,

I’m back here after a long time away. I’ve been fighting with the issue for a very long time and eventually, noticed that regardless what I do with hardware, doesn’t solve the issue.

I found that a change of miner helped, up until an update of the OS, and then issues started happening. I ended trying every miner available and in the end, found that it’s stable on Lolminer. Has been running steady for a long time now (can keep it up for 7-14 days). The only instances that are causing freezes are correlated with issues with the i ternet connection - sometimes my access point freezes and this, after some time causes rig to freeze. Basically the only time I need to reboot now. Check if my solution works for you!

my rig, stable now, with cloning usb fd to m2 on my motherboard biostar b360 pro 2 and update bios

Hello,
thank you.

I tried to change the miner to Lolminer and tomorrow I will buy a smart plug. Thanks for info about smart plugs and switches.

Hello Matt, I am new to mining and having the freeze issues
I am not able to understand what to do in bios, please let me know what should I change in BIOS. i have the following components and OC settings, do I change something in BIOS according to the below components?
GPU: PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 6600 Fighter Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. (2006 03/19/2021)
CPU: 8 × AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4-Core Processor AES
OC Settings: CORE1800, VDD870, MEM875, MVDD1200, VDDCI750
please help

Hi guys, same problem with a BTC B250C and Intel Celeron G3900, someone did fix the problem changing BIOS settings on this MB? Can anyone help me pls. I have 12 1660 super going offline 2-3 times every day :frowning:
@Gin8910 I read all your posts, would you recommend using a newer processor if changing the BIOS settings is not enough?

Hey, I’ve got the same mobo and from 12GPUs I’m already down to 9. I did change a ton. PSU, raisers, cables, ram, SSDs, etc, etc, etc. Randomly get’s frozen every 24-72h.
BIOS: Gen1, Gen2 - no difference. A bunch of other options and I land on the “CPU stuck” message while loading the HiveOS and had to roll back and use BIOS default. After that my life goes circles with trying to make this Chinese junk work.
I do believe this is due to the G3900 having 16 lanes and generally due to the nature of this Chinese mobo/seriously old BIOS. Messing with the CPU voltage seems to be a great idea but one look at that BIOS you just want to shut it down and do something else LOL
I have 3 more boards like this with G540/G640 and more or less they’re doing fine. I can’t get the best OC on the RX6600 with those boards but the Nvidia rig (3090/3070/3060ti non LHR) seems to be just fine.