More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

R9 295X2 still alive!

Hi

While trying to make the last run of my R9 295X2, just saw hive images are now limited from 0.6-208 to 221

To get Vesuvius GPU detected, I have to install AMD drivers 19.10 (maye be 19.20)

Is there stilla way to acieve that in mid 2023 ? ^^

EDIT : Got it working with 0.6-208, trying further

Older kernel and HiveOS 221221 might allow the amd driver controls:

0.6-220@221221
What’s new? @Announcements

SYSTEM
Nvidia GPUs support changes
Updated nvtool to v1.7.8.
Added support for Locked Core Clock for Pascal GPUs.
Added support for Locked Memory Clock for Pascal and newer GPUs.
Notes: If memory overclocking doesn’t affect hashrate i.e. mining Kaspa then user can set MemClk offset as ‘-3000 MHz’, as result memory clock will actually set to 810MHz with a significant reduction in energy consumption. Experimental usage until dashboard is updated.
Implemented Nvidia CMP idle mode.
Updated NVFlash to v5.792.0.
Updated nvidia-info.
Updated nvidia-driver-update.
Notes: Added support up to CUDA v11.8 and latest drivers.
AMD GPUs support changes
Added new 0 mem state feature.
Notes: If memory overclocking doesn’t affect hashrate i.e. mining Kaspa then user can set MemClk to ‘1 MHz’, as result memory clock will drop to 0 memory state, e.g. for BigNavi it’s equal to 96MHz with a significant reduction in energy consumption. Experimental usage until dashboard is updated.
Add new experimental command amd-ocl-install.
Notes: User can now change pre-installed OpenCL libraries to available versions of amdgpu and rocm from Hive OS repository.

1 Like

14$ a month for that dinosaur

Howver touching driver add some instability. This R9 never crashed by past. I got two with 20.40 / 0.6-221 while Blaking

Lol. You seen rxd? maybe your 295 could mine that. rx 470’s are making 40+ cents a day

Yes she can ! :joy: Note that the R9 2xx is 2 generations older than an RX 4xx
Great coin that is GPU only, can set DPM @ 7, memory stuck @ 150MHz

Estimated at current value $0.45 a day

1 Like

LOL your dinosaur can mine anything!!

Mostly I can thank the exprmental feature that allows me to cheat the drivers
Drawback, not fully stable

I should have a free slot rig for that, because as being my fifth one, not gonna pay 15$ a month for 14$ reward :sweat_smile:
Going to try in a rig that on a Nvidia rig, in order to not touch its drivers

1 Like

Awesome lol. Crazy what RXD is doing right now. Rtx 3070 making $1.47 at my electric rate! haha 1$ in the negative. Crazy that ol card still works though :rofl: