More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RTX 3090 x Trio: Reboot of Trex miner after every hour or so

Update after 13 days:

Core Clock: 1130
Mem clock: 2600
Fan: 100%
Temp: 36 degree C to 40 degree C
Power Limit: 300
Miner: T rex miner
Pool: Hiveon pool
Mh/s: 124.9 max
Average efficiency of the rig: 99.86% ( Accepted vs Rejected / Stale)

Error situation:
The fan sometimes gives “err” on card number 1. Things I checked when during the message:

• Number of times it happened in 13 days: 2 times
  • Temps are not affected and hashrate is stable, without any interruption on performance
  • Physically checked the fan, and it was running fine.

I rebooted the system and the “err” message went away. Wonder what that was? Im looking into the logs too.

So far so good. It has been stable since.
Hope the information helps in some way.

@zeek…looks fine to me !
you are running better than me, so …a win is a win !
you must be running it in your fridge tho right ? :wink:
i think others would say 2600 is high for your mem, might be ok for a while but will frazzled eventually and the cost of a new card is more than the extra couple of MH you get.

I’m running at 2500 on some and nervous.

I think my issue is that i have new cards that need the pads and cooling sorting out internally. I can’t be bothered to do it myself (or daren’t) and am looking for someone in SW london to do it for me. My regular PC fixit guys wont touch it because of the value of the cards.

1 Like

HI @smarkhive, yes I have managed to maintain the temps cool as low as possible.

• The AC is running 24/7 and average temp per card is 38 degree C.
  • Room temp is 16 degree C
  • I have recently made a custom container for the rig to make it cooler, will be installing it soon. Then AC will not be required.

The electricity where I am is extremely cheap, to be precise: 0.07 usd kw/h. Therefore, it makes sense, but still trying to make it more efficient soon with mylar containers and custom exhaust system. I will update once it is ready if it helps others.

You should try to fix the pads, it is not so tough after the first time :slight_smile:
Take care.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.