More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Hiveos users

I thought you couldn’t mine ETC with ASICs. ETC is ASIC-Resistant no?

The answer is simple, presently miners lose money but they keep their crypto tokens hoping to see their market prices going up in the future and later realizing a profit. Plus, many like me invested a lot in a mining farms, a lot of time too, so just switching off the plug it’s psychologically hard. I can afford to pay the electricity cost but for someone else it can be different.

1 Like

ETC is not asic resistant

No, ive mined etc with my gpus. Profits were fucking shait so stopped.

As I said, I have a really wierd power support plan where I can make 1000 euro or more a month. And a cheap power plan for the next 4 years. I might have to find something else to do after 4 years. Interesting reading there mate, thanks for sharing.

No matter how low you would try to run ethash, there’s no possibility to reach the low 30 watts a 3060 or 50 watts a 3060 Ti consumes when mining Kaspa. There are algorithms that use less power, just as there are algorithms that use more power. No matter how efficient OC settings you use. It’s just how the algorithms work.

this is already 3 weeks old (they should be having a new one soon)

True but there are also other algorithms that people do mine that are LESS efficient than ETH as kaspa profitability is already dropping since so many people moved to it

Problem also is when you want to convert your crypto in a Fiat. The spread might be very bad or bad liquidity. That’s why I stick to ETC for now.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.