More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

HiveOS recognize my new RX 6800 as RX 6900XT

Hi, anybody know why is this happening? Just bought a new 6800 and when I booted, hiveos recognize it as 6900XT. Please help if anybody has experience this before as this is very weird.

does it work properly? if so, I wouldn’t care much about it. What model of 6800 is it? can you check if it has a proper 6800 bios? beneath the name of the card you have the bios name, post it here.

Also, is your Hive up to date? run hive-replace --list / then option 1 / then after that long update, go for self-upgrade.

that’s the thing, it doesn’t work no matter what settings i put. It says amd settings applied with errors everytime. It’s a Biostar RX6800. I don’t see any bios name on it, where do i find it?
Yes, I’ve used the hive stable and beta version, both are saying 6900XT instead of 6800.
I’m not too familiar with linux command and just starting to mine recently, and still learning all the curves.

This is driving me nuts. Please help. Much appreciated

It is a newer variant and there are a number of posters chasing around issues with identification, configuration, etc.

Don’t have one to assist. :frowning:

I have Biostar 6700XT running on the same rig and it’s mining fine. But generally speaking, how is it possible that hive detects a different gpu. I already tried putting the gpu in Windows and windows detects it as 6800.

Windows and Linux are not the same and the GPU is responsible for reporting some information to the OS and the OS has to recognize it. I’d consider going to the beta versions, but again, I don’t have one to share personal experience.

Quick search on “Biostar 6800”:

Thanks for the reply. I notice that my kernel number is different from my other rig (same farm).

Kernel 5.10.0-hiveos #72
Kernel 5.10.0-hiveos #60

Does it matter?

Yes.

AMD drivers are different in those.
#72 has an f-state scripting in it.
#83 is the latest, again with scripting, more functional in my experience.

Farm is not relevant. Each rig is independent, and then is associated via farm hash for billing, mgmt, etc.

So now I can confirm that if I plug the gpu directly into the mobo’s pcie slot without using a riser, hiveos detects the correct gpu. I’m using the latest riser with 8 capasitors (my 6700xt is using the same riser and it works). Now I’m clueless what to do next, any advice?

I also have Biostar RX 6800 tipe LMP2 gpus. It’s a pain in the ass. These gpus could only work if they are placed directly on the motherboard slots. Can not use most type of riser. The only riser that work for that gpus is riser ver 009 (not 009s) or ver 008 S ( the blue color). Other than that types, do not work. So strange.
You can use 8 riserless motherboard, so you can place these gpus directly on motherboard. It will work.

Thanks for your reply. Tried with the riserless mobo still wont detect the gpu. May i know what mobo are you using?

I am using biostar TB360 D+, which has 8 pcie slot. But I can put only 4 gpus. Because if you put 8 it will be very close to each other.
By the way, are you from Indonesia?

Yes, I’m from indo :laughing:

just put some protest to your seller, saying that the gpu can not be used. I already did that, am still waiting for decision from PT. SME Jakarta

I think I’ll just plug directly onto the mobo and the rest of the gpus using risers. Tried using the 008s riser also hopeless. Anyway, thx for the inputs bro

I was working with Biostar 6800XT and had a lot of problems with these. First were risers, these newest ones were not working at all (with 8 capacitors), but for me any other riser did work (009s, 006).
Then it might also be a problem with VBIOS, you could try flashing the card with e.g. reference vbios or some other manufacturer (bear in mind the risk). I couldn’t go into mobo BIOS with these cards and it was only after flashing their VBIOS that I finally could.

I think I’ll refrain from flashing BIOS. In the meantime I’m plugging the gpu directly into the pcie mobo, and the rest using risers. Thanks all for the inputs. Appreciate it

do you have picture which type of risers 009s or 006 that work with this gpu

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.