More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Hiveos/NBminer crash code 255 because of onboard graphics

And before you say it, there is no way to disable it in the bios (only option is to prioritise PCI, which makes no diff). MB is out of a Asus prebuilt, and haven’t figured a way to get NBMiner to ignore it. Shows as Device 1, with the single 3060 as device 0, which it appears to setup correctly and start to mine on before the AMD IGPU crashes it with a “Device 1 Out of Memory”.

Is there a way to edit the config or bat file for NBMiner? This is a test rig to try and get Hiveos running on something. This being the newest MB/CPU I own, and have not been successful on anything else going back to a MSI Z390 board with a G3258 dual core on it. Same issue there, except that I could and did disable onboard graphics (at least as far as being able to use it) but still had the NBM crash.

In Windows Nicehash, NBMiner runs without issue, but of course just on the 3060. And nicehash run a couple different miners on the IGPU and the 5700G CPU… But fact is that if I didn’t know of so many people running HiveOS, I would have trashed it long ago… Long ago being the whole 5 or 6 weeks I’ve been mining here.

you can use “devices”: “0,1,3,4” in the config to only enable the cards you want so in your case you would just want a 0 there.

if you click the info bubble in the miner config each miner will tell you the correct syntax for enabling/disabling certain gpus.

No effect. Tried resetting miner, removing and re entering flightsheet. Removing the rig itself and redoing everything… User Config"device":“0” , User Config"device": “0”, User Config"device": “0,”. Even “device”: “0,2”
Reboot after reboot, which I can’t do from the webpage btw.

device or devices? you need to match the syntax in the info bubble exactly

“Device”… maybe try again tomorrow

Worked, Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.