More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

High Load Average

A red brick lies on the road. Question: when will it crack?
Very little information on installation and settings. And there are a lot of reasons for the malfunction. In order to help you, you need to see a screenshot of the rig and settings.:grinning:

increase your Power levels, this is lower your Load levels, increase in 10% increments until you see Load at a level you see fit.

1 Like

Hi guys how can I solve the problem LA 24.84 ?? I am new to the S.O please help me x courtesy.
Thank you.

might be too low power for that card? I cant even run my 580s as low as 800 without getting high load average

But if I leave it like this what could I go towards? Can I do some damage to the GPU?

I run 850 but thats very conservative, you can try 900 and go from there

Hello,
I’m new to mining. I need your help.
I get an error related to high load average.
you have no idea why I get this error. Are the settings I made ok?
I also attached a picture with the settings made.
Thanks a lot

I don’t know oc settings for rtx cards but 200 and -600 core seems very odd.

you need to open hss start and open console in order to make it works. i did this when it happened

I am having the same issues. Not sure what the order came out in with the screen shots below, but the Worker I am having issues with is the one labeled “Beast” with all of my 1070ti’s, 1080’s, and 1080ti.

I have the LA set to 5.0 for reboot under the watchdog. Is that too high? Too low? It keeps getting triggered within a few minutes, then the hash rate drops, causing it to reboot. This happens over and over again until it doesn’t reboot properly and it’s off until I can get to it.

Any ideas? The rig seems to run fine on NiceHash, I just know with the results I’m getting on HiveOS, I can make more in the long run on Hive.

!

is low load average normal, like sometimes my rig shows 0.0X LA

are you using the pill on those 1080’s? hashrate is pretty low as are the power levels

I tried to avoid it because I didn’t know if it was causing the high LA’s. I now have all my settings at 0’s and have the pill turned on. Running pretty smooth at average of 275MH/s ranging from 225-315.

i recently played around with some settings using trex with 140core and -200mem with no pill and mt 3 as a command option power at 200. Getting a smooth 48.5mh on 1080ti

temperatures too hi drop overrclock wattage maybe by 50 still ocurs after 30 min drop some more until you see stable resoults. most cards core clock -100 memory clock on +1000 keep enviroment as cool as posible open windows doors

So high load average means too low power levels? How can I increase power levels? I just started mining last week.

High load average is caused by a long wait time for CPU processing power. It can be caused by bad software, bad RAM or a processor that is too slow to keep up with the requirements of the software being used.

I’ve been struggling with a rig that keeps crashing after a day or so. The LA was going up from 2.5 to around 5, then it would shut down a few cards, or all of them. Changing settings didn’t work, adding RAM didn’t work. I thought for sure I would end up changing to a better CPU to solve the problem. I finally decided to flash a different memory stick as a last resort because I really didn’t want to change my motherboard and chip. LA is currently @ 0.27 0.27 0.28. It’s the lowest I’ve seen for this rig so far. Problem solved? Let’s see… Hope this helps

hi there
i had the same problem, my LA went up to 30… after research i saw that my powersupply was switched in ECO Mode, turned off and LA went back to 0. …
hope it can help u

have a nice day