More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

GP102 vs. P102-100 Issue

I have came across a weird issue of my second P102-100 Nvidia graphics card not able to download the correct driver/ malfunction on multiple operating systems. When tryign to download the driver for the “GP102” card on Windows OS, no matter what I do I can not get the driver to detect it. When using on Hive OS, the same issue occurs. It shows as “MALFUNCTION”. Is this a card issue or a issue someone may have a fix for. Please Help!! See Picture for reference:

It does seem like a card issue to me if you cant get it to work in hive or windows. No need to change drivers as the built in ones that are working for a p100 will work for 1 p102 as well.

Test the card with a know good psu and directly on a motherboard 16x slot on its own to rule out any risers or bios setting issues.

1 Like

I will test and get back to you

Solution: Plug in the 2x 4pin plugs in lol

2 Likes

Hi!!
I’m experiencing the same issue you were. What do you mean by 2x 4pin plugs? Are you referring to the power connectors? I have plugged the gpu as i would normally do (2x 8pin connector and a 6pin for the riser.

I would really appreciate any help regarding this matter.

1 Like

Hi!!
I’m experiencing the same issue you were. What do you mean by 2x 4pin plugs? Are you referring to the power connectors? I have plugged the gpu as i would normally do (2x 8pin connector and a 6pin for the riser.

1 Like

So a found the only 2 solutions that may come about from my issue.

1. The 4 pin connectors are faulty, the gpu is faulty. Best solution for this is test the gpu on a different device to show if it is detected correctly or not.

2. The power supply is faulty or providing too little power to power all devices correctly. When power supplies cant provide enough power a lot of weird things start happening. Solution is get a more wattage power supply or try changing the risers if that’s the issue. Less likely but possible

Please reach out if you have anymore issues

Hi!

Still running into the same issues. I tried with a brand new EVGA 1300w G+ and still the same thing :frowning: