More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Different number of GPUs after every restart

Hi. I have problem with my two rigs. On every boot or reset rig start with different amount of cards. After 4-6 reboots the list is finally complete (10 and 11 gpus). Why is that?. Two different motherboards. One is H110 Pro BTC+ ASRock other BTC B250C. Mixed AMD cards. Does anyone have something similar?

H110 is exciting to troubleshoot, but triple check those 1x adapters to make sure:

• the pins extending through the mini circuit boards are not touching
  • the tight routing of cables has not wiggled the 1x adapters out slightly

fwiw: I had to skip one of the PCI slots entirely due to tight fit and not having another 1x adapter I could trim/bend the pins without de-soldering.

After the above, power, overclocking, loose connections are frequent culprits, in these large rigs. The rig above is pushing the power supply pretty hard for depicted GPU 5-11. Enough that 11 was dropping out on every third reboot, prior to adding a 3rd supply using all the same cables, etc.

Depending on brand of B250C, some have been just terrible builds. Hoping you have a good one. I did not.

Both boards worked fine when there was 7-8 gpus. Now, when it is almost full there are some issues.

Btw. How do you managed to show total kW from that cards at the bottom?

H110 has known issues at the ±9 GPU mark, BIOS settings default.

(2) very long threads here is (1) direct to a developer bios discussion:

Actual power can be displayed in 2 ways when GPUs under report to the OS:

These entries can be found on the hiveos.farm, worker , “Settings” tab

In this case, I have to measure a few power supplies at the wall, and it happens to be 564 in my 10 GPU rig, and 719 in my 12 GPU rig.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.