More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

CMP 170HX not workin

Found it, here you go. He specifies that this card is best used with memory intensive algos like ethash.

1 Like

Wonderfuln, thanks a lot !!

As per as your link, 170HX on Kawpow algorithm (that is Ravencoin) gives 250w 52MB/s.

A No-LHR 3080 gives 39.50 at 250w (from https://whattomine.com)
A no-LHR 3090 gives 46.50 at 330w (from https://whattomine.com)

It mean that 170HX will not “perform a loot” on Ravencoin, but after ETH 2.0 merge, we will be able to mine Ravencoin at least as a 3090 !

:slight_smile:

Not only that, but at about 120w less power, so long term, that is a good savings in power.

How did you get them working? I have one here for testing and can’t get it to recognize.

Can you give more details, what OS? are you using the splitter that came with it and connecting 2 8-pin pcie cables, does the bios detect the card at all?

You may should share some picture of your setup :smiley: I’m also interested !

For information, I followed your advice with server box and alibaba supplier, so thanks :wink:
And yes, good investment :+1:

Hi all,

i have the same problem to make the card running.
I tested Win 10 T-rex miner, but the card seems not be known in the system.
So my questions:
Which OS you use
Which mining-software you use?

The heatingproblem i will resolve of an other way.
If successfull i will inform

Thanks a lot

Sure, here you go.

Mining shed

I run my rigs on HiveOS and t-res miner.

That’s pretty great :+1: :slight_smile:

For information, I just bought few AMD BC-160 Navi12 too that gives 72mh at 130w for $1270 to test… seems very interesting!

@Edouard Any issues with heat like the CMP’s?

Hi @Greek , I don’t get it yet, both cards type have been sent yesterday from china :slight_smile:
I’ll let you know :wink:

Hope this helps.

I do really like this solution.

Hi All,

New part design. Contact me and I´ll send you the 3D file. Sent the file to [email protected] as it does not allow me to share it.

You can now get the inlet duct here:

Thanks

What was the outcome? I have 4 and cant seem to get them working. Driver Update?

Mine are working fine, no driver updates, I am running them on HiveOS.