More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

570/580 8GB - default settings/temperatur/overclocking?

Ok thanks, that what I’ve learnt for MVDD, indeed
Did not know for VDDCI

PolarisBiosEditor and one click patch

1 Like

This is what I have and it’s been quite stable. Using TeamRedMiner and on a modded BIOS.

Thanks for your reply.
First i moded with polaris bios editor like rkulov said above.
After that i tried your settings on the first gpu. Sadly it didn’t worked.
Do you maybe know what i have done wrong?

Also one of the 580 cards went offline over night, “autofan: gpu temperatur 511 is unreal, driver error” does someone has an idea, what the problem is?

Thank you for your reply.
First i moded the 570 cards like rkulov said. After trying the settings from verbl-kint, that didn’t worked, i just tried yours. Sadly now none of the cards get a hashrate anymore. Maybe got an idea whats the problem?

Also one of the 580 cards went offline over night, “autofan: gpu temperatur 511 is unreal, driver error” does someone has an idea, what the problem is?

remove the memory voltage value. its not working for RX 5xx cards.
Memory controller voltage should be 800. test it.
Core states doesnt work so remove the value also .
Switch aggressive undervolting on.

1 Like

Dude i see all are samsung and if you did everything correctly with polaris bios editor and used the uber mix 3.2 timings use the following settings :

Core clock 1168.
Core voltage 860-875 ( depents on the cards )
Memory controller voltage 800
Memory clock 2100
Aggressive undervolting on
amdmemtweak --Ref 20

Do not input any other settings like Core states mem states , mem voltage, they dont work on rx 5xx.

Quite a big difference in “Hive” Wattage.
So set state have impact on Polaris allso

With mdpm 1

Without mdpm or MVDD set

Miner screen mdpm 1

Miner screen mdpm 0

Imho u need to set core voltage and memory MVVD

1 Like

set it manually to 800 820 830. otherwise its 1000

two cards from teh same manufacturer doesnt do the same watts there is always difference in the quality of the silicon from one another.

these are screenshots from same rig with mdpm 1 and 0.
There is clearly effect on mdpm…look at the wattage man

did it like that, doesn’t work for me. damn i feel stupid lol^^
the vbios patch before / after the settings?

it doesnt matter when you do the bios flash. if the settings doesnt work for you, mod them a bit.

after bios moding and flashing it back to the GPU , start with standard settings 1100 or 1150 core clock, insert 850 mv core voltage, and memory controller voltage 800, memory clock 2000.
after getting it work stable for 1 min, increase the memory to 2050 , wait a bit , check how it reflects the mhs. if its all stable increase to 2100, and check again, if it crashes, reduce to 2070.after finding stable stop, if you want you can increase core clock from 1150 to 1160, 1170, if it crashes you will need to add more voltage to the core so increase core voltage to 860. if it crashes increase a bit more.
its all about finding the sweet spot. which from card to card may vary.

2 Likes

Did some changes and shaved a few watts. :slight_smile:

To:

I tried your settings and did not see any change.
Do you understand why ?

without MDPM

MDPM 1

Hello Rkulov,
You seem to know what’s up.
My 570’s keep crashing every time I attempt to put in numbers to get me to 31+ mega hash. Any advice? If so it would be greatly appreciated.
:clinking_glasses: cheers

Cant see the full picture, post the OC settings.

The whole pic is above sir

hmm very strange why they are not working, but you have to improve your OC settings.

make all cards 1150 core clock and remove the DPM state.
then make them with 850 core voltage, 800 memory controller voltage and restart the rig.
Add amdmemtweak --REF 30 and Aggressive undervolting ON.

let me know how they work.