More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

3080 – GPU Driver Error, no temps

I’ve been stressing out about this for a couple weeks and finally found a fix for my situation. . I was getting this GPU driver error no temps on my 3080 Dell 10GB GPUs. I tried different risers, cables, USB drives, etc. This is what I did and have been able to runs my rig for over 24 hours without any errors or issues.

Fix:
• Delete current worker
• Create new worker
• Download the new rig.conf file and replace that with your current in your USB drive
• Put USB drive back in
• Turn rig back on
• Once everything reboots, go back to the overclock settings and change everything to a moderate OC setting. (mine are -200 core clock, 1800 memory, 220 PL, 75% fan)
That seamed to work for me. I have 6 3080 GPU on this rig and average over 90 mh per GPU. I’ll waiit for some time and slowly try to increase my OC to get this higher, but I’m happy that this is at least stable. Hope this helps others.

2 Likes

you mean create a new config file and delete the old one?

Yes that is correct, did it work for you?

here i am looking for some explanation about why my rig keeps crashing odd hourly on hive os. And after i read here i will have a very bad news for you all. well i have 6 card rig with 3060ti founders edition and 2 beautiful rtx 3080 liquid cooled EVGA hybirds, they always run around 39 C to 40 C max, didn really look at junction but assuming they are around 85-90 C. After i read here i start to think its not the cards its something to do with Hiveos or some odd drivers crashing this. does anyone using windows having these issues ? by the way one of my 3080 makes 100.9mh/s 235W , the other one makes 97.9 mh/s ( what ever i do ) its crashes everytime if i overclock a little higher. didnt try the absulute clock. Now i am sitting here thinking may be i should try windows for a week :confused: which i hate ! its clearly not temps. as my cards are very very cool.

Exactly same problem on two gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC, i have change all pads near gpu by gelid extrem 2mm and behind the backplate by a 3 mm anyway same result : after a run of 7 hours i have an GPU Driver Error, no temps ! I have test the cards on Windows : with a little OC (-200 Core clock - Mem up to +1000 Mhz and power limit at 240W) : GPU Temp is at 48-50C and memory junction is about 80-82°C so fine for this … but when i try to test a little more oc (CC -200, Mem +1200 MHz, Power L. 240W) i have a black screen instantanly . I Think the memory of Gigabyte is poor : GDR6x Micron … and i think we have to flash bios of theses cards … bad news …

try using absolute core clock of 1050 for 3080s and 1200 for 3090s it will change your life brotha! You can get a 3080 down to 200watts same speed using absolute core clocks, it’s a big deal. Look up more but I gave you the sweet spot for your 3080 and 3090, just put it in and it will change to absolute mode. Enjoy!

1 Like

Could you solve your issue? Did you flash the bios?

I’ve been searching for answers since a month. None of the forums have a solution till date.
I suppose its something to do with bad memory as you said. Silicon lottery…

I am also not sure how some people reach 3000MHz on Memory with -200 on Core. My GPU crashes at values above 1800MHz

I am able to get 79 MH/s max at -200 Core and 1770 MHz. Values above this are unstable and causes black screen and reboot.

The two most annoying messages that crash the mining are: -
“GPU driver error, no temps” and
“LA > 36 rebooting”

still searching for fixes.

Already test with absolut core clock valor same prob dude

Hi i’m french and i have search on french forums. Some people have this probs too and that was no solution ! just a fu*king silicon joke lotery . Flashing bios is riskly and i haven’t test it for this time

1 Like

For me it was all about memory clock on my hynix 3060ti lhr. I lowered it from 2400 to 1800 and hadnt had a carsh since then. That card was crashing my rig after 1-60min intervals on t-rex, miniZ, nbminer. Said GPU error, no temp.

Try to lower your memory down to like 1500 and increase by 50 after running rig for 1hr and its stable.

GL.

I got the same no temp error on 3070ti. I solved that by lowered the memory clock. I lowered bit by bit (50) until I found the stable clock. Good luck!

Edit: Each cards are different, don’t stick too much on what clock you found on internet. It’s just a reference point, actual stable clock might be higher or lower.

I have been having this issue ever since I started using T-rex miner for 3080 Ti on eth. I have recently reinstalled Hiveos but that didn’t stop the errors and reboots. I decided to use gminer for my 3080 Ti’s on eth and it been running 4 hrs with no errors or reboots. So I would say try using another miner if you are using a t-rex for lhr cards.

Well that was short lived. I’m getting the error again. I am now trying an older version of T-rex miner to see if that works. I think the problem in t-rex so my next step if the older version doesn’t work is to switch to a diff’t miner altogether

İs anyone solve that problem? İ have same problem too. İ wanted to ask who has this problem, are you using combined two psu or Single psu?

Well another miner didn’t work. I got the same GPU driver error. I decided to do what someone above mentioned. I loaded another HDD with Simplemining OS and added the same OC’s I had on HiveOS. It’s been about 12hr 45min and no reboots, no gpu error. I’ll let it go for a few days and see what I get. I don’t link the interface or how it works. Just doing this for a test then I’m back to HiveOS.

It took me hours but i finally solve this problem. I made a video explaining how to fix it in my case.

Hi,

I had the same problem and solved it. Actually in my case it was because of OC settings (mostly memory clock, even different brand uses same type of memory, it differs on settings). I just booted my rig in maintanence mode and downgraded Nvidia drivers, cleared OC and booted. After successfull mining, I added OC settings more carefully.

Altough I’m not so sure downloading Nvidia drivers has an effect on solution but carefully entering OC settings has a real effect.

Bora

i tested , not a big deal

same results before, if i go above 1400 crash

1 Like

Sua dica deu certo pra mim, grato!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.