More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

2 months of struggle. Can't get 6 PGU's to work. Tried literally everything, I've found on forums

A good workflow is always deleting your OC profile from hiveos before adding any new card, so the first boot with a new card does not have any oc in any of the cards. Hiveos tends to apply the previous card’s oc setting to a new card and sometimes the settings are so off that the new card could not boot at all. Booting in maintenance mode also helps.

Also, be sure to test if the rig is rock solid (a couple of days running without any errors) with 1 card, 2 cards and so on, so you can rule out any issues that are not related to the new card.

How’s your rig now? Still facing issues? I’ve got the same issue as you did before. Can’t make 6th gpu to work. Whenever I plug in the last gpu, windows just won’t boot. TBH I was able to make them all work in the beginning and then all kind of errors/qled lights appeared. I’ve got i5 9400F, as somebody mentioned these F series cpus are not capable to handle more then 5 gpus if that’s true.
Was thinking if changing cpu into a new one will do any better at all. Dėkui

It’s working fine since mid october. At first it kept restarting couple times a day, now it keeps working 8-9 days between restarts. My rig is working on hiveos, I’m not using windows. 865689841.

Core i3-9100F features a boost speed of up to 4.2 GHz. Additionally, there are 4 cores with 4 threads in an LGA 1151 socket, has 6MB of Intel Smart Cache, and support for up to 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes .

Max # of PCI Express Lanes=16 on a i5 9400F

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.