More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

2 months of struggle. Can't get 6 PGU's to work. Tried literally everything, I've found on forums

Some percentage of engineering followed by some percent luck&magic.

Not sure how many rigs you have, but it always works out that one of mine is not running 100%.

Solution: Play the odds, bring up more rigs :smiley:

have you plugin pcie power in motherboard ?

I only have one rig. And I came to the same conclusion. Unfortunatelly now 1660 super cost 625eur in my country, which is not something I’d like to pay.

Yes, I did.

Where is two locations for pcie settings, I’ve found only one. I’ve updated bios. Tried to plug GPU’s 1 by 1. It helped to run up to 5. I’ve bought pcie splitter last week, but it seems defective, as it doesn’t boot up at all with it. I only get one dot on the screen, and not even bios screen.

I’ll try to reload hiveos to my ssd. How to clear OC settings for GPU’s? Put 0’s everywhere on OC settings?

goto all (top right)

clear all value in the pop up

Yes, I know where it is. I’m asking what values should I put in to make it work as stock? Should it be zero everywhere?

just delete all value, because some value cannot be set to 0, except maybe you should put value in fans setting

1 Like

MSI z390 Pro

I found these settings to work. I’m not sure they are all needed, but I think these are the main two: Integrated Graphics Adapter-IGD, Windows 10 WHQL Support-UEFI, and Boot Mode Select-UEFI. These are listed below. This worked while running Linux when mining Ethereum.

Settings/Advanced/PCIe/PCI Sub System Settings:
=PEG0 Max Link Speed ->Gen 2
=PCI Latency timer ->32 PCI Bus Clocks
=Above 4G memory/crypto Currency Mining ->Enabled

Settings/Advanced/Integrated Graphics Configuration:
=Integrated Graphic Adapter ->IGD
=Integrated Graphics Share Memory ->32MB

Settings/Advanced/Integrated Peripherals:
=HD Audio ->Disabled

Settings/Advanced/Power Management Setup:
=Restore after AC loss ->Power On

Settings/Advanced/USB Configuration:
=XHCI Hand-off ->Disabled
=Legacy USB ->Auto

Settings/Advanced/Windows OS:
=Windows 10 WHQL Support ->UEFI
=Fast Boot ->Disabled

Settings/Boot:
=Post Beep ->Enabled
=Boot Mode Select ->UEFI

Thanks, although I don’t have integrated graphics.

here there was a user manage to connect up to 11 GPU for this mobo, maybe you should pm him :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I managed to run 11 (and failed to 12) gpus on mine.

msi z390 a pro / 8 Gb RAM + psu 1200 w (hp server)

Here is my config for pci slots :
1: PCIx16 → splitter 1 to 4 : 4 gpus (4xriser)
2: PCHx1 → 1 gpu (riser)
3: PCHx1 → 1 gpu (riser)
4: PCHx4 → splitter 1 to 4 : 4 gpus (4xriser)
5: PCHx1 → 1 gpu (riser)
6: PCHx1 → empty

Video cards installed : 8x 1660 super + 3x 3060ti (lhr)

Hiveos on usb dongle

Bios settings :

• 4g enabled
  • pci latency 248 clocks
  • serial and parallel port disabled
  • audio controller disabled
  • windows 10 boot mode UEFI (don’t ask me why …)
  • display : IGD (but probably not important)

I was first blocked with 4 gpus max … Someone told me about the windows boot mode and pci latency and it worked nicely : maybe only one is needed (i didn’t investigated which one or if both did the trick)

1 Like

The only thing I didn’t try is PCIE latency, which I’ll try tomorrow.

Noting still only operating 5 of the 6 PCI slots.

It would be an interesting data point of the attempt and failure of “12” was trying to use the 6th slot.

1 Like

Interesting… Let’s wait and see, maybe @ogaland will confirm it.

About my “12” try I tried several slot combination, some using the 6th slot, so it was not slot related. I did some tried with removing the 12th card from a 1to4 splitter.

I finally end in this configuration (6th slot not used) because it is more “clean” to me.

I would like to point 2 things about this :

• I have a contact using a msi motherboard (but not this model, it is an amd cpu motherboard) that have a pcix1 slot not working for any card (an intermediate slot just after a x16 slot, maybe the 4th). I had a quick look at the mb manual and found no reason why this slot would not work (like using a m2 ssd that disable the slot).

• I myself had an issue with the 6th slot on the z390, hiveos booting fine but the graphic card on this slot not detected, i checked the gpu, the riser to finally find that the mini-card you plug on the pcix1 slot was dead. (It worked at goods reception, but went dead after a reboot), I was very surprised because it seems there is almost no electronics components on it, but it was damaged.

Hope it may help. I would suggest you to try a 1to4 splitter on any slot but the 6th to confirm there is really a pb with this slot in your particular case.

1 Like

It’s your CPU, the F series will only support 4 PCIE lanes with reliability. I had the same problem with a 9300F in a ASUS B250 board. Get one that supports video and you’re good to go.

2 Likes

I guess the problem is the MB.

All my rigs are 6 cards with asrock b450 pro4 r2.0 and msi b450 gaming plus max

all run stable.

What is Your CPU?