More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

14 gpu working on MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX :)

Hi @ATK-SK,

Sweet setup. Which Ryzen CPU are you using and have you tried running this rig on HiveOS?

Thanks

hi all,
i tried with this board and i had success. i have a rig with 14 pcs rx580.

due to no reply from ATX-SK seems like a fake to me :confused:

yes ATX-SK didint reply to me too. but i tried and success. here are some picsā€¦

Yup, it works, had this running 4+ months (with 14x GPUs, 8 months in total). Quite a few teething problems getting 14 GPUs stable but now ok. I still get the odd random reboot after a few weeks but I can live with that.

Note: I am using the even cheaper MSI B450-A Pro Max with a Ryzen 3200G

Power draw is between 820w and 835w depending on the fan speed (set to auto) and room temperature.

conguratulations. and thanks for hint about MSI B450-A Pro Maxā€¦

ā€¦if you go for the 3200G run with 2 cores only at 1.2GHz = saves some power. LA is reasonable at 0.40 0.35 0.45. You donā€™t need CPU power but you DO need the PCIe lanes of the 3200G (or above)

If you want to go higher than 14x GPUs look at B550 mobos and Ryzen 5. I think 20x GPUs is possible with splitters (there are enough PCIe lanes) but I have not tried it.

i am useind 14 gpu with ryzen 3 1200af. there is no problem. pci-e lines are not related to the processor, but chipsets

Youā€™re right. The b450 has 28 usable pci-e lanes, the b550 has 30 usable lanes. accordingly, if we run a straight logic, at least 15 gpu should be available. on the other hand, it makes more sense to buy x370 or x470 or x570, they have more pcie-e lines.

look at the bottom table: https://www.amd.com/en/products/chipsets-am4

errrā€¦not true buddy. Ryzen CPUs provide PCI-E lanes to the GPU, M.2 slot and chipset (which can also provide some additional PCI-E lanes as well).

1 Like

is there any info about pci-e lanes of ryzen cpus? which cpu has how much pcie lanes? any web site?

According to the site you recommended, all ryzen processors have 20 pcie lanes. So no need for powerful processor. Even ryzen 1200 is more than enough.

@mbunal, it is not quite that simpleā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.